Loans Officer – Advance Savings Credit Union
Advance Savings Credit Union is seeking a Full-time Loans Officer to join our team. The position is located in our Moncton Branch and is well suited for an individual with exceptional member service and lending experience seeking an opportunity in a progressive and innovative organization.
Advance Savings Credit Union is a community based full-service financial institution that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. We are offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Loans Officer is responsible for examining, evaluating, authorizing or recommending approval of borrower’s applications for all consumer credit products. You would also be responsible for promoting and selling various deposit products available through the credit union including but not limited to Term Deposits, RRSPs and RRIFs.
- Conduct personal or telephone interviews with applicants to obtain personal and financial data to determine lending and/or investment needs.
- Analyze applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan. Approve or decline loan within approved lending limits or refer to the next higher approving position level with recommendations.
- Compile loan package and negotiates loan structure with applicant, including rates, terms repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Prepare documentation for loan renewals, loan payment extensions and substitution of loan securities.
- Analyze current local market and potential trends to plan and develop relationship building activities.
- Analyze potential opportunities involved in each situation to further assist the member. Cross sell borrowers on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services.
- Provide individual financial counseling and information to members on loan services and deposit products available through the credit union. Make referrals for those requiring financial planning advice.
- Monitor account overdraft activity to ensure accounts operate within limits and qualify from a risk standpoint. Ensure appropriate action is taken to minimize losses to the credit union.
- Initiate collection action; contact delinquent borrowers in person, by telephone, or by mail, to encourage prompt repayment of delinquent accounts. Work with delinquent borrowers to recover principle, interest, and security
- Ensure adherence to Credit Union policies and procedures as well as legislative requirements.
- Complete reports and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will hold a diploma or degree in Business Administration or Commerce and have a minimum of 2 years of lending experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Superior member service skills with ability to develop business
- Thrives in a front-line delivery role, with strong aptitude for engaging and connecting with people.
- Effective sales skills with a proven record of results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Proven history of accuracy and high attention to detail
- Strong time management/organizational skills
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Very competitive compensation and benefits.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to reduced rates on borrowing and accounts.
Obtaining an up to date clearance letter from the Police/RCMP, credit check and eligibility to be bonded are conditions of employment.
Application close date is Tuesday March 31, 2020. Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Cathy Darland, Branch Manager
Advance Savings Credit Union
141 Weldon Street, Moncton, NB E1C 5W1
*Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills outlined above. We wish to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted