Members of the CUA Team work to create and deliver a “wow” banking experience to 20,000 individuals and businesses across Nova Scotia. The CUA Difference is a combination of flexible products, personalized service and quick decisions made here by people who know and love our Province. CUA’s continued growth and member satisfaction reflects a team of big-thinking problem-solvers who think outside the box to help people take a step forward in their finances. If you are excited about the opportunity to help people achieve what matters most, while changing the way people think about banking, consider the following opportunity.
Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Services, the Manager, Finance is responsible to lead the financial reporting, management and analysis functions within CUA, achieving high performance standards and results. In executing these functions, the Manager, Finance will manage an engaged team in the delivery of timely, accurate and relevant information that enhances CUA’s decision making framework and supports its business growth strategies.
As the successful candidate, you have a proven track record in strong financial reporting and analysis. You have a superior ability to effectively and efficiently extract the most relevant data and convert it into meaningful information, including financial statements and management reports, that enables management to make sound business decisions. You understand and value attention to detail to ensure that the financial information is accurate and logical based upon your strong knowledge of the business and of the drivers of the financial results. You quickly connect the dots and clearly explain variances in budgets, forecasts, actuals and have a keen interest in also analyzing operational results that are instrumental in the financial metrics. Your decisive, collaborative leadership style is a key part of your success and you enjoy building a high performing team whose quality of work you are proud of.
- Possess an undergraduate degree or diploma with an emphasis in Business or Commerce, with a minimum of five years of management experience in finance / accounting; and, Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Superior knowledge of financial and auditing standards and related reporting as well as the systems required to provide timely, accurate and relevant financial and management reports. Strong experience in financial advice and planning.
- Strong prioritization, time management and execution capabilities.
- People management skills, with a track record of motivating and coaching staff as well as decisively and effectively managing performance.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Superior quality of service mindset.
This is a full-time position offering competitive benefits and compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Closing date for this opportunity is January 29, 2021.
Method of Applying:
Please apply by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as providing your salary expectations.
While we appreciate all submissions, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining the CUA Team!