Manager, Financial Services
Souris Credit Union is a community based full-service financial institution with assets of $43 Million, serving approximately 3600 members. Souris Credit Union is looking for a Manager, Financial Services, to provide leadership to the sales team and provide both members and businesses with effective financial services and sound financial guidance to facilitate informed decisions for their financial wellbeing.
- Coordinate and supervise the delivery of lending products within the Financial Services team
- Analyze financial statements, operating cycles, cash flow, historical performance of business, assess credit worthiness; conduct security evaluation and risk assessment.
- Conduct interviews with members to identify financial needs; evaluate, prepare and grant or recommend commercial and personal credit applications within approved guidelines.
- Promote, sell and underwrite consumer and commercial loans as well as residential and commercial mortgage products
- Keep abreast of new developments in lending and regulations; ensure that staff is kept informed.
- Monitor account overdraft activity; prepare documentation for renewals, extensions and substitution of loan securities; prepare releases of security for paid out loans and mortgages.
- Promote various deposit services and other credit union products; actively pursue opportunities to grow the lending portfolio.
- Identify and pursue referral and cross sell opportunities to partners, and promote and monitor same for sales team.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you should hold a University Degree in Business and 4 years experience in the areas of commercial lending and loan supervision or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You have excellent written & oral communication skills, solid supervisory experience and are able to make sound, effective decisions. You demonstrate strong work planning and organizational skills and have experience building and maintaining customer relationships.
Does this sound like you? If so, please clearly outline your qualifications and experience by submitting your cover letter and resume as a PDF or word document in confidence to email@example.com before end of day August 9, 2014.
Please note that a credit check and eligibility to be bonded are conditions of employment.