Manager, Member Advice Centre, East Coast Credit Union, NS
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has approx. $750 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 19 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. We believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Manager, Member Advice Centre. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Solutions and Operations, the Manager, Member Advice Centre will lead and direct the Member Advice Centre team in achieving profitability, sales, exceptional member experience, compliance, and growth objectives. The incumbent is responsible for assisting in the development and creation of the new Member Advice Centre; developing and implementing plans to increase member retention and acquisition; establishing service standards and building a trusted and service-oriented front-line team focused on delivering information and solutions to existing and potential members via the telephone and other electronic means.
As the leader of the Member Advice Centre, you will be responsible for the overall success of the new Member Advice Centre. Your main focus will be:
- Managing the Member Advice Centre including providing ongoing coaching; assigning and directing work; monitoring performance objectives, planning and training.
- Providing guidance and support to the Member Service Representatives and Advisors to ensure the delivery of meaningful and exceptional member experience via various electronic channels.
- Monitoring call volumes; tracking quality and call response time; addressing member concerns; operational questions; risk management and any human resources issues.
- Developing and implementing a Targeted Business Development Call Program to encompass existing members as well as new members.
- Developing and implementing the centre’s business plan; and providing input into the development of the strategic and annual business plan.
- Recommending, developing and implementing the annual capital and operating budgets for the member advice centre and monitoring performance results.
- Tracking and reviewing weekly performance levels of direct reports; compiling summary reports; communicating standings.
- Maintaining attendance records; monitoring absences and developing schedules and ensuring staff are available to provide an optimal level of service to members.
- Conducting regular updates and strategy meetings with direct reports, peer management and leadership teams.
- Conducting frequent audits to ensure adherence to policies, consistency in member service and marketing efforts.
- Supporting community initiatives through volunteering and attending events and activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
The Manager of the Member Advice Centre will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Commerce plus have a minimum of five years of branch operations, business development or sales management experience in the financial services industry and a minimum of three years of management or supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of training and related work experience in the financial services industry. The incumbent has strong leadership skills, and ability to coach and foster a team environment. He/She will also have:
- Proven ability to lead and manage others through influence and collaboration
- Successful track record in participating in change management initiatives
- In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings
- Demonstrated ability to interpret key financial information and business metrics
- Thorough knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of technology, including social media
- Experience working in a unionized environment is considered an asset
This is a full time position and salary will commensurate with experience. East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive benefits and compensation package. Some travel across the province will be required.
Applications will be accepted until Thursday, December 21, 2017. If you are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Amy Johnson, Human Resources Officer
East Coast Credit Union
155 Ochterloney Street
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We want to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.