Manager of Accounting – Cape Breton Credit Union
Cape Breton Credit Union is a community based, full-service co-operative financial institution with branches in Sydney and Glace Bay NS. With assets of more than $100 million we serve approximately 5400 members from across Cape Breton. We are looking for a Manager of Accounting who will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the credit union’s accounting system, and for performing a variety of functions related to accounting, financial management, regulatory compliance and risk management.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Preparing internal financial reports as well as maintaining the credit union’s accounting information system
- Assisting in the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets
- Completing analysis and projections of cash flow and liquidity
- Developing, implementing, and overseeing internal control, compliance and risk management programs
- Conducting cost analysis, trend analysis and establishing key performance indicators
- Other related duties
Qualifications and Experience:
We are looking for a recently graduated CPA with several years of post-graduate experience. They would also possess superior financial management, analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to details. They must also have excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess a strong business acumen.
This full-time position, located in the Sydney office, offers an excellent benefits package and compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Cape Breton Credit Union
340 Prince St
Sydney NS B1P 5K9
Attention: Gary Forsey
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. (MS Word format)
Applications close on March 18, 2019.
We wish to thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.