Manager of Operations – Morell Credit Union
Morell Credit Union Limited is a community based full-service financial institution with assets of $41 Million Dollars serving approximately 2000 members in the Communities of Morell, St. Peter’s, Mount Stewart and surrounding areas. Morell Credit Union is looking for a Manager of Operations.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Manager of Operations is responsible for providing overall direction involved in service delivery to member and ensuring that service delivery systems are effective and that they attain and maintain a level of customer satisfaction with credit union products and services that results in increased usage in both volume and frequency of use. The incumbent is responsible for supervising, coordinating, and scheduling activities of employees engaged in teller financial services, ensuring that work is performed in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent is also responsible for performing of variety of accounting functions and preparing a variety of accounting reports and analyses relating to the general ledger, members and credit union accounts to assist management in making prudent financial decisions.
Key Responsibilities: Manager of Operations:
- Oversees the service delivery functions of the credit union, including lending, customer service, teller, special services, and such other departments, divisions, and function’s that are desired to provide products and services to members.
- Develops, proposes and gains approval for the establishment of new or revision of existing operations, programs, products and services, policies and procedures to best meet customer service and credit union goals. Monitors to ensure consistent application of policies and procedures in all departments and for all processes.
- Oversees the physical configuration of all service delivery offices and technology (i.e., ATM sites) and issues appropriate purchase requisitions and negotiates contracts for maintenance of office equipment and physical premises involved in service delivery functions.
- Participates with the GM and the Board of Directors in strategic planning, organizing, coordinating, and controlling the credit union’s corporate and operational business affairs.
- Monitors market conditions and industry trends for changes required to meet the needs of the credit unions and the company’s business plan. Develops new and enhances existing lending and investment services.
- Develops and implements an internal audit program for security, money laundering, and operational controls for the credit union.
- Assists in the preparation of the monthly financial statements (balance sheet and profit and loss statement) including variance analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual capital and operating budgets for the credit union.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual audit working papers and aids external auditors, regulatory auditors and internal auditors.
- Administers biweekly payroll including preparation and balancing of the payroll, preparation of TAs, and making payroll remittances (income taxes, CPP, El and pension remittance).
The Manager of Operations must have successfully completed a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business plus have six to nine years senior management experience in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Does this sound like you?
If so, please submit your resume including salary expectation to Sherri Clark, (email@example.com) Closing Date: October 11, 2019.