Manager of Rewards Administration and HR Services
WHO WE ARE:
We are passionate people committed to top notch customer service and partnering with our credit unions across the Atlantic provinces to enable the Atlantic credit union system and the communities they serve to thrive.
We are looking for a Manager of Rewards Administration and HR Systems to join us at the ground level of an innovative and collaborative human resources shared service model focused on creating an exceptional employee experience. A dynamic group of credit unions from across Atlantic Canada are working together to build a streamlined, efficient and data enabled approach to human resources that puts people first. It’s an approach that will generate capacity for credit union managers to focus on big-picture issues and service strategies that make a difference for our members. We’ve implemented a Risk Management & Compliance shared service and are now ready to start building HR Shared Services. This is an exciting time for credit unions in Atlantic Canada!
We strive to empower and support the growth of our employees in our team environment and we want YOU to join our team!
WHAT DO WE DO:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada. We provide a range of services, leadership and advocacy at the provincial, regional and national levels. Collectively, the 45 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $6 billion in assets on behalf of 300,000+ members. League Savings and Mortgage Company is a subsidiary of Atlantic Central and has been a trusted credit union partner for over 50 years.
In the role of Manager, Rewards Administration & HR Systems, you’ll report to the Director, HR Advisory Services and be responsible for leading and managing the service delivery of payroll, benefits administration, and Human Resources Information System (HRIS) services and support activities to customer organizations. You’ll work collaboratively with the Director, HR Advisory Services and the Director, Talent & Total Rewards to ensure customer needs are met and to provide comprehensive and innovative HR solutions. The ideal candidate will be passionate about customer service, team spirit, balancing flexibility and a structured approach to creating this new shared services team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
HR Shared Services Delivery Model & Operation
- Directing the development, implementation, and evaluation of the HR shared services function, in collaboration with the Director, HR Advisory Services and the Director, Talent & Total Rewards.
- Developing productivity and service quality standards, in collaboration with the Director, HR Advisory Services and the Director, Talent & Total Rewards, to effectively meet customer service expectations and needs and to measure the overall effectiveness of HR Shared Services functions. Identifying service gaps and opportunities for service improvements and enhancements and developing solutions to address current and emerging issues. Managing and reporting on service level agreement performance. Diagnosing and resolving escalated service issues.
- Collaborating with partner service providers and stakeholders to develop and support best practices for the delivery of HR services. Managing the service partnership relationship with payroll and HRIS service providers, negotiating contracts, and managing the RFI/RFP process as required.
- Coordinating and supervising the activities of the Rewards Administration & HR Systems staff.
Payroll and Benefits Administration Services Delivery
- Overseeing the delivery of payroll services for customer organizations. Developing payroll guidelines and processes and managing controls and audit requirements. Providing advice related to taxable benefits implications of HR plan/program designs and legislative impacts. Communicating trends, legislation changes and other relevant information and recommending courses of action to effectively manage changes.
- Overseeing the delivery of employee benefits administration services including: processing of enrolments, changes and terminations; processing and balancing of monthly invoices from insurance providers; and the managing and resolution of customer organization and/or employee inquiries and issues.
HRIS Services Delivery
- Overseeing the design, implementation and maintenance of the HRIS, including defining and implementing HR processes/procedures for the collection and maintenance of applicant and employee record data and analyzing and managing data flow to and from the HRIS system.
- Ensuring optimization of HRIS to meet workflow and information access requirements by creating opportunities for automation and reduction of manual processes. Evaluating the effectiveness of HRIS systems through consultation with stakeholders to refine organizational needs for HR information and activities.
- Researching and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, including: system enhancements, upgrades and/or new vendors.
- Developing communication strategies and material to create clarity and understanding around HRIS and overseeing the delivery of HRIS system training to end users.
- Participating in the promotion and marketing of the HR Shared Services offering to potential customers including: providing input into the proposal/quote for rewards administration and HR systems services; identifying the resources required; assessing the impact on the payroll contract and identifying any other costs; co-presenting at marketing meetings/webinars; identifying and tracking leads; collecting and sharing customer testimonials; and providing input into the development of key messages for solicitations communications.
Department Planning & Financial Results
- Contributing to the development of the HR Shared Services strategy and implementing HR plans related to Rewards Administration and HR systems services. Developing, recommending, implementing, and managing departmental plan and the annual department budget. Monitoring performance results and taking corrective action as appropriate.
- Completing other projects and duties as assigned.
This position offers the ability to telecommute.
TRAVEL AND EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires some travel throughout Atlantic Canada and occasional evening and weekend work.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a Bachelors’ Degree with a concentration in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field plus have minimum of eight years of senior human resources and/or finance or accounting experience, including several years payroll and benefits administration experience in a managerial capacity; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will have the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain relationship.
- Proven ability to effectively work with diverse stakeholder groups and to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Strong background in HR service delivery and/or HR shared services experience
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of related employment legislation and regulations
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and understanding of payroll process design, methodologies and practices including the associated legal and regulatory frameworks
- Demonstrated strong technical knowledge of payroll and benefit and retirement benefits (e.g. pension, group RRSP) administration including the associated legal and regulatory frameworks
- Demonstrated functional understanding of HRIS systems and experience implementing and sustaining large-scale integrated HRIS systems
- Proven ability in governing and managing service vendors (e.g. payroll, HRIS, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing large-scale change in program administration
- Proven ability in fiscal management and budget preparation
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proven HR strategic and tactical planning ability
- Proven ability in making sound business decisions and being creative in developing alternative solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability
- Proven ability in formulating policies and procedures
- Proven customer service orientation ability
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Building Relationships & Partnerships
- Change Leadership
- Developing Others
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
- Strategic Orientation
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-9 ($82,306 – $96,830). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on August 16, 2019.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, including salary expectations, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)