Manager, Payment Services
Atlantic Central provides liquidity management, payments processing and trade association services that support the credit unions of Atlantic Canada. The Central provides leadership, advocacy and a range of support services in the fulfillment of these key functions. League Savings and Mortgage (“LSM”) is a subsidiary of Atlantic Central and provides commercial and retail mortgage financing and investment products and services in support of credit unions, credit union members, and through broker services.
Atlantic Central’s Halifax office is currently accepting applications for the position of Manager, Payment Services to coordinate the delivery of banking services to the Atlantic credit union system and to serve as a liaison with service providers on the contractual arrangements and service level agreements. The incumbent also coordinates and manages a range of finance/banking related projects.
Reporting to the Director, Payment Services, the Manager, Payment Services is responsible for:
- Coordinating the department activities and supervising the staff in the delivery of all banking services including the maintenance and processing various accounting and financial records and processing related data as it pertains to payment systems.
- Acting as an authorized officer for various systems and related software; evaluating department operations and developing and implementing procedural changes; ensures adherence to internal control procedures and security procedures; coordinating year-end audit requirements for Payment Services personnel and providing assistance to the external auditors, government auditors, and internal auditors.
- Acting as the department compliance officer for Money Laundering and Privacy Legislation.
- Reviewing, updating, maintaining and executing the Department Business Continuity Plan.
- Coordinating the development and maintenance of department and credit union procedures, forms, documents and processes.
- Acting as liaison between credit unions, provincial Centrals and service providers to resolve issues and/or concerns; reviewing contracts; and assisting in researching and/or developing/ testing new prototype products and services.
- Providing project management for the implementation of new products and services for the department and credit unions within the Atlantic Region.
- Assisting Loss Prevention and Risk Management in mitigating loss and/or risk to credit unions. Reviewing various supplier and partner information sites on fraudulent issues and communicating to departments.
- Effectively dealing with credit unions on operational issues and the resolution of operating errors.
- Ensuring Payment Services staff is knowledgeable of the products, services and procedures relative to the needs of the credit unions; identifies opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures and ensures credit unions receive service levels in accordance to Payment Services Operating Standards.
- Assisting in the design, implementation, and management of the annual Payment Services department plan and operating budget.
- Acting as back-up to Director, Payment Services in his/her absence.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration plus have 3-5 years related experience, including supervisory experience; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of bank regulations and procedures (Payments Canada and Interac)
- Demonstrated understanding of risk management practices
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability and the ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated supervisory skills including employee development and performance management skills
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to anticipate demands and manage time deadlines.
- Demonstrated customer service skills
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Change Leadership
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork Leadership
- Developing Others
- Strategic Orientation
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-7 ($61,429 – $72,269). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on May 25, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, including salary expectations, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)