Manager, Risk Management – Atlantic Central
Who are we:
Passionate, helpful people who are committed to top notch customer service and support to our Credit Unions across the Atlantic Provinces.
This is an exciting time for our Credit Unions and Atlantic Central, as we’ve launched a new shared service for our Credit Unions, beginning with Risk Management. The ideal candidate we are searching for will bring a desire for superb customer service, team spirit, leadership experience and sound knowledge and excitement about Business Continuity Management and Enterprise Risk Management.
We strive to empower and support the growth of our employees in our team environment and we want YOU to join our team!
What do we do:
Atlantic Central provides liquidity management, payments processing and trade association services to support the credit unions of Atlantic Canada. The Central provides leadership, advocacy and a range of support services in the fulfillment of key functions and is establishing a new specialized Risk Management and Compliance service for participating credit unions. The following position will be critical in delivering this new service.
Atlantic Central’s Halifax office is currently accepting applications for the position of Manager, Risk Management to be responsible for managing the Enterprise Risk Management and Business Continuity Management functions of the Atlantic Shared Services Centre (ASC) including the development of a sustaining process to continually monitor and enhance controls. The incumbent also provides consulting advice, support and guidance to customer organizations on risk management strategies.
The location for this role is flexible within Atlantic Canada based on the candidate’s qualifications and includes the ability to telecommute.
Reporting to the Director, Risk Management & Compliance, the Manager, Risk Management is responsible for:
- Serving as the subject matter expert to customer organizations on Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Business Continuity Planning (BCP).
- Providing advisory support to customers with identification, assessment and management of Enterprise level risks.
- Advising on the design, implementation and monitoring of controls for customers to ensure risks are appropriately addressed in their processes, policies, and procedures.
- Ensuring processes are in place to support the ERM framework used by customers. Providing input into the refinement of policies, operating directives and standard operating procedures to be leveraged across customer organizations.
- Designing and developing training programs as required. Delivering training to customers on ERM and their application of the ERM frameworks.
- Serving as the relationship manager in building and maintaining positive working relationships with senior personnel within the customer organizations.
- Supporting customers in the development, updating and/or refinement of their integrated business continuity strategy and plans. Providing advisory support to customer organizations in conducting impact analysis, risk assessment and the identification of critical functions.
- Developing test scripts, supporting test execution, and reviewing customer BCP test results to assess BCP efficacy and recommend refinements.
- Determining metrics to monitor organizational readiness related to BCP and preparing reports to key stakeholders.
- Monitoring/staying current on risk and business continuity trends and customer operations and system changes. Enabling knowledge sharing (e.g. coordination of webinars, conferences, notifications etc. to share information on BCP related items such as data breaches, etc.) with customers based upon trends, regulatory changes etc.
- In collaboration with the Director, Risk Management & Compliance, participating in the review and refinement of the ERM and BCM frameworks on an annual basis.
- Leading and managing multiple support and service requests from customers.
- Representing the Risk Management group with internal departments and external entities, including regulatory agencies.
- Providing input into the development of the corporate strategic plan related to Risk Management. Developing, recommending, and implementing the Risk Management department plan and budget. Monitoring performance results and taking corrective action as appropriate.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
TRAVEL AND EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires occasional travel throughout Atlantic Canada and occasional evening and weekend work.
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, 5-7 years relevant experience, and possess a CRM-E certification. A professional accounting or internal audit designation would be an asset. Experience in a financial institution, preferably a credit union, including experience in internal or external audit would be valuable.
The successful candidate will have the following skill set:
- Expert knowledge of ERM and BCM theory and practice.
- Sound knowledge of the financial regulatory environment and requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability in designing, implementing and monitoring internal controls.
- Proven strong management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to simultaneously lead and manage multiple requests of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven decision-making skills and ability.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proven negotiation and consultation skills
- Proven ability as an innovative and creative thinker
- Proven ability in fiscal management and budget preparation
- Proven ability to effectively work with diverse stakeholder groups and to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Demonstrated ability in designing and delivering educational programs and/or workshops using adult education theory
- Demonstrated engagement management ability (plan and execute engagements to a successful conclusion)
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Change Leadership
- Building Relationships and Partnerships
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
- Developing Others
- Strategic Orientation
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-8 ($69,373-$81,615). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on March 25, 2019.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, including salary expectations, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)