Marketing Analyst, East Coast
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Marketing Analyst to join our dynamic team! It is well suited for an individual with exceptional data analysis and research skills seeking an opportunity in a progressive and innovative organization.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. We offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience. With 20 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer flexibility in workplace locations within beautiful Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Analyst is responsible for researching market conditions to identify marketing and business opportunities and assist with planning, implementation and delivery of marketing tactics, strategies and business objectives.
- Analyze products and services, prepare reports and provide recommendations on strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness and to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Conduct data analysis and monitor trends in the marketplace to incorporate relevant information and best practices into advertising, marketing and communication activities.
- Gather and interpret market research data from various sources and presents findings of trends, opportunities and gaps to aid in the design and development of marketing plans and activities and support of other business initiatives.
- Understand business objectives devises and assesses procedures and methods for data collection.
- Ensure the integrity of research project data, including data extraction, processing, storage, manipulation, and analysis.
- Collect data on members, competitors and marketplace and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations.
- Create queries and reports that support marketing efforts and provide progress reports on campaign and program results as required.
- Provide accurate data to third party providers; work with system partners to interpret data; prepare reports using banking systems, CRM software and ensure accurate representation of credit union data.
- Measure and report on effectiveness of digital and non-digital marketing efforts to ensure maximum visibility and brand awareness.
- Completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or relevant field plus a minimum of three years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a financial institution; or have equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven research methods; critical thinking and analysis
- Ability to forecast marketing and business trends; interpret data and translate it into actionable insights
- Familiarity with search engines, business research tools, web analytics, and CRM programs
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, January 11, 2019.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.