Marketing & Analytics Specialist (one-year term)
WHO WE ARE:
We are passionate people committed to top notch customer service and partnering with our credit unions across the Atlantic provinces to enable the Atlantic credit union system and the communities they serve to thrive.
We strive to empower and support the growth of our employees in our team environment and we want YOU to join our team!
WHAT WE DO:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada. We provide a range of services, leadership and advocacy at the provincial, regional and national levels. Collectively, the 45 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $10 billion in mortgages, loans and deposits on behalf of more than 300,000 Atlantic Canadians. As a subsidiary of Atlantic Central, League Savings and Mortgage is a federally regulated provider of wholesale banking services to credit unions, with assets under administration in excess of $2 billion. Our cooperative values drive our culture and how we do our business. League Savings is evolving its business model and is expanding into new markets and expected to experience significant growth over the next several years.
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for a one-year term position of Marketing & Analytics Specialist.
In the role of Marketing & Analytics Specialist, you’ll report to the Manager, Brand Marketing and be responsible for providing strategic input into the region’s marketing activities, overseeing aspects of and assisting with the implementation of regional marketing tactics and leading the Regional Measurement Program. You’ll will also lead the strategy, development, coordination and execution of direct marketing and segmentation as it pertains to the regional program.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Leading analytics, measurement and reporting for the Regional Measurement Program (RMP) including: leading the setting of targets and objectives; collecting and analyzing data sources and reporting on campaign and program success; leading the development of the System Health Check; seeking new ways to grow and evolve measurement and analytics; identifying new opportunities for greater marketing analytics and measurement with prospective partners and creating business case rationale for the new partnerships; conducting data analysis and monitoring trends in the market place, identifying opportunities to incorporate relevant information and best practices into marketing activities, and presenting findings to relevant audiences.
- Performing the following in support of the regional marketing program, including: leading the Joint Marketing Committee; leading the Regional Marketing Advisory Committee in the absence of the Director, Brand Marketing; leading the strategy, development, coordination and execution of direct marketing (mail, email and other) strategies; leading the strategy as it relates to defined marketing segments and personas; serving as the RMP expert for CUs in this area; leading the design and development of marketing programs for various service offerings; providing support to the credit unions on the marketing plan; providing input into the creation and production of advertising and promotional activities.
- Designing, developing and delivering training and information sessions in support of marketing campaigns and product release implementations, system meetings, and to enhance understanding of RMP.
- Supporting the Director and Manager as required, including: participation in strategic initiatives and conversations; acting as team led, conducting team meetings; assigning responsibilities and providing guidance and leadership; leading agency conversations and projects.
- Serving as a work leader to the Marketing Officer and the Administrator, Marketing. Responsibilities include training; planning, assigning, and directing work; maintaining workflow; resolving work related problems of a technical nature; and providing ongoing coaching to reinforce positive behaviours. In conjunction with the Manager, Brand Marketing, providing input to and/or participating in performance management meetings, including the performance planning, interim review and annual review.
- Providing input into the development of the annual marketing plan and budget. Tracking and reporting on performance results for the various marketing initiatives.
- Serving on internal and external committees as required.
- Completing other projects and duties as assigned.
This position will be able to work out of our Charlottetown or Halifax office.
TRAVEL AND EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires moderate travel and occasional evening and weekend work.
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE:
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed a Degree in Marketing, plus have 5-7 years relevant experience; including 2-3 years supervisory experience or have an equivalent combination in education and experience. Experience working in the financial industry with a solid understanding of financial products and services would be considered an asset.
THE COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Demonstrated working knowledge of marketing principles
- Demonstrated working knowledge of direct marketing concepts and delivery of campaigns
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, in Design)
- Working knowledge of financial products and services including features and benefits
- Ability to work with content management tools
- Proven project management skills
- Proven research and analysis skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated proficiency in copywriting for marketing purposes
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven consulting/facilitation ability
- Demonstrated proficiency in database management
- Proven ability in fiscal management and budget preparation
- Demonstrated ability in program evaluation
- Working knowledge of creative development
- Demonstrated proficiency of direct marketing and segmentation processes including query writing and campaign analysis
- Proven ability in developing strategic and tactical plans
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong ability in the following behavioural competencies:
- Change Leadership
- Building Relationships and Partnerships
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
- Developing Others
- Strategic Orientation
This is a one-year term position and is rated a Salary Level CU-7 ($63,578 – $74,798). Atlantic Central offers a competitive contract benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on March 3, 2020.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, including salary expectations, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)