Marketing Assistant, Credit Union Atlantic
Credit Union Atlantic (CUA) is a locally owned financial institution serving the needs of individuals and businesses in Nova Scotia, predominantly in the Halifax market. With over 18,000 members and eight convenient locations, CUA is the largest credit union in Nova Scotia and one of the largest credit unions in Atlantic Canada. Our success is the result of the quality of our employees who are committed to exceptional customer service and team orientation. CUA would like to invite qualified, enthusiastic and committed individuals to apply for the following career opportunity:
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Strategic Initiatives, the Marketing Assistant is responsible for assisting with the development of marketing initiatives and implementation of related plans and programs. The position is the primary resource and administrator of the CUA website and in-branch digital signage network, as well as of the financial literacy outreach efforts within the community.
As the successful candidate, you have a proven ability to assist in marketing programs and content development, including design of marketing materials. You have experience using tactics to maximize community investment benefits and are able to successfully deliver financial literacy presentations to various external groups. You are highly energetic with a strong aptitude for social media management, including content development. You have a strong communications background and are able to effectively aid in development of media releases, presentations and communications collateral materials.
- Possess an undergraduate degree or diploma with an emphasis in Business Administration, Marketing or Public Relations, with a minimum of three years relevant experience, including experience in marketing / communications, graphic design and website administration; or equivalent combination of training or experience.
- Experience in the financial services industry is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of basic functions of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experienced using social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube.
- Skills with graphic design software – Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with online advertising and HTML / website software considered an asset.
Method of Applying:
Please apply by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as providing your salary expectations. While we appreciate all submissions, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining the CUA Team!
Closing date for this opportunity is July 20, 2015.