Marketing Assistant (summer term position) – Atlantic Central
Atlantic Central provides liquidity management, payments processing and trade association services that support the credit unions of Atlantic Canada. The Central provides leadership, advocacy and a range of support services in the fulfillment of these key functions. League Savings and Mortgage (“LSM”) is a subsidiary of Atlantic Central and provides commercial and retail mortgage financing and investment products and services in support of credit unions, credit union members, and through broker services.
Atlantic Central’s Halifax office is currently accepting applications for a summer term position of Marketing Assistant to provide support to the marketing department during various projects related to the regional marketing plan. The successful candidate will be enrolled in a Business or Public Relations Degree.
Reporting to the Manager, Brand Marketing, the Marketing Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Manager, Brand Marketing with the design, development and delivery of marketing materials relating to new products being released.
- Assisting the marketing team, and lead when appropriate, specific tasks and projects associated with the execution of the regional marketing campaigns and programs.
- Researching and reporting on financial industry trends and market data.
- Supporting the department in the areas of proofreading, copywriting and general marketing support.
- Creating and developing content ideas including but not limited to: contributing to an editorial calendar; writing articles; pitching media; basic photography and social media content.
- Performing other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will be working towards completing their third or fourth year in a degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a program of similar nature. The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skill in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Demonstrated knowledge of general marketing
- Experience conducting research via the Internet
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to identify and prioritize tasks required to meet objectives
- Demonstrated professionalism and team work
- Experience in working with data is a definite asset
Hours of Work:
Please note that this is a term position and the hours of work per week are 37.5 hours. The term for this position will be from April 29, 2019 to August 30, 2019.
Applications will close on March 29, 2019.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format).