Atlantic Central, (Halifax office) is currently accepting applications for a summer term position of Marketing Assistant to provide support to the marketing department during various projects related to the regional marketing plan. The successful candidate will be enrolled in a Business or Public Relations Degree.
Reporting to the Marketing Specialist, the Marketing Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Marketing Specialist with the design, development and delivery of marketing materials relating to new products being released.
- Assisting the marketing team, and lead when appropriate, specific tasks and projects associated with the execution of the regional marketing campaigns and programs.
- Researching and reporting on financial industry trends and market data.
- Assisting the marketing department with the execution of departmental projects including a review of the Marketing section of the intranet site and a review of general marketing collateral available to credit unions.
- Supporting the department in the areas of proofreading, copywriting and general marketing support.
- Creating and developing content ideas including but not limited to: contributing to an editorial calendar; writing articles; pitching media; basic photography and social media content.
- Performing other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will be working towards completing their third or fourth year in a degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a program of similar nature. The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skill in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Demonstrated knowledge of general marketing
- Experience conducting research via the Internet
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to identify and prioritize tasks required to meet objectives
- Demonstrated professionalism and team work
- Experience in working with data is a definite asset
Hours of Work:
Please note that this is a term position and the hours of work per week are 37.5 hours. The term for this position will be from April 24, 2017 to August 25, 2017. This position will be paid hourly at $15.00 an hour plus vacation pay.
Applications will close on March 13, 2017.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)