Marketing Content Officer – Atlantic Central
Atlantic Central provides liquidity management, payments processing and trade association services that support the credit unions of Atlantic Canada. The Central provides leadership, advocacy and a range of support services in the fulfillment of these key functions. League Savings and Mortgage (“LSM”) is a subsidiary of Atlantic Central and provides commercial and retail mortgage financing and investment products and services in support of credit unions, credit union members, and through broker services.
Atlantic Central’s Halifax office is currently accepting applications for the position of Marketing Content Officer to be responsible for providing input into the regional’s annual marketing activities including overseeing the Owned and Earned content portion of the Regional Marketing Program as well as supporting the program’s social media marketing objectives. This incumbent also provides support to the Marketing Department in meeting organizational objectives including assisting with marketing programs that support Atlantic Central, League Savings and Mortgage and the Atlantic credit union system.
Reporting to the Director, Brand Marketing, the Marketing Content Officer is responsible for:
- Planning, overseeing and contributing to the marketing newsroom (Owned and Earned marketing content creation and distribution) in conjunction with the partner agency, including: monitoring the Owned and Earned content budget portion of the Regional Marketing Program and identifying and implementing project changes required specific to this area.
- Liaising with AC/LSM Communications and Stakeholder Engagement as it pertains to issuing marketing related news releases, pitches to media outlets, and organizing spokespeople for marketing related media opportunities. Keeping abreast of other media related news items falling within oversight of Communications and Stakeholder Engagement, but outside of the Regional Marketing Program.
- Monitoring and sharing marketing and industry related news items that may influence campaign, social media or other marketing content material, including staying abreast of current trends, opportunities, gaps and marketing research data from external agencies and partners.
- Providing Regional Marketing Program support to credit unions including: distributing materials, answering questions, resolving issues, preparing and sending communications and general advice on the implementation of the program within credit unions.
- Researching and producing marketing and brand related articles to promote Atlantic credit unions.
- Providing overall communications support to the marketing department, including assistance with: preparing correspondence, reports and strategies.
- Delivering the regional marketing program through writing, proofing and editing memos, e-mails, website content and PowerPoint presentations.
- Reviewing and revising existing marketing materials to ensure materials distributed to credit unions are on brand.
- Providing social media subject expertise. Overseeing all social media efforts, in collaboration with the partner agency, to ensure the delivery of an engaging regional social media presence for credit unions on the various social media platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.). Providing advice, guidance and training to credit unions on social media implementation and best practices. Identifying opportunities related to social media and developing and presenting recommendations to management for consideration. Implementing recommendations when appropriate.
- Supporting the Marketing Department, working closely with the partner agency in the implementation and executing marketing campaigns.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work.
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Public Relations, plus have 3-5 years relevant experience, or have a combination in education and experience.
The successful candidate will have the following skill set:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proven ability to work independently
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing multiple tasks
- Demonstrated attention to detail ability
- Proven proficiency in copywriting for marketing including news releases, longform articles, and social media
- Proven knowledge of marketing principles
- Ability to work with content management tools
- Proven project management skills
- Proven research and analysis skills
- Working knowledge of financial products and services including features and benefits
- Solid knowledge and understanding of social media
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-5 ($48,402-$56,944). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on March 1, 2019.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, including salary expectations, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)