Sydney Credit Union is a progressive, full-service co-operative financial institution with more than 13,000 members and approximately $150 million in assets. We are committed to providing high quality financial solutions to enhance the economic well-being of our members and the community in which we serve.
Sydney Credit Union is actively seeking a dynamic marketing professional to join our team as Marketing Manager. As a key member of our management team, the Marketing Manager plans, develops and delivers an effective strategic marketing and communications program that promotes the credit union’s products and services to both existing and prospective members.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services
- Developing and delivering short and long term marketing programs to achieve objectives regarding revenue, profitability and market share
- Planning and implementing the credit union’s advertising and promotional activities including print, electronic media, trade shows, direct mail, point-of-purchase displays and signage
- Developing, recommending and implementing the marketing capital and operating budgets; monitoring and taking corrective action as appropriate to ensure the achievement of marketing objectives is within designated budgets
- Analyzing marketing programs and adjusting strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness and meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Preparing marketing activity reports for management; including, but not limited to, post-event reports and regular status reports on marketing programs, marketing trends, environmental scans, member behavior and service satisfaction
- Providing technical advice and consultative support in all areas relating to the sales, promotion and long term viability of products and services as well as competitor sales and promotion strategies
- Managing the development, production and distribution of strategic, member-centered marketing and communication materials
- Demonstrating impact in the community by developing and sharing success stories and member profiles and working with community partners to promote the support the credit union provides to local organizations
- Developing and implementing a strategy to build and manage relationships with key stakeholders; including members, prospective members, local businesses, community partners and media
- Strengthening and building relationships with local schools, colleges, universities, and youth programs to educate youth on financial literacy, while promoting the services and products offered at Sydney Credit Union
- Representing Sydney Credit Union and acting as a spokesperson where required
- Developing and implementing a communications plan and an annual giving plan to promote the work of the Sydney Credit Union Charitable Foundation, maximize donations and recognize donors
- Promoting the opportunity and process for applying for funding through the charitable foundation to local organizations
- Assisting with the coordination of the Annual General Meeting, strategic planning and staff events, including the preparation of the annual report
- Keeping up-to-date on best practices and the latest trends in social media, online marketing and youth related opportunities
The Marketing Manager will bring exceptional strengths in strategic marketing, communications, leadership, coaching and mentoring. The successful candidate will have successfully completed a university degree with a concentration in marketing plus have three to five years of senior marketing experience in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Passion for marketing and the latest trends in social media and online marketing
- Minimum of intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to maintain high levels of enthusiasm, teamwork, motivation and commitment to the achievement of goals
- Ability to coach others on effective relationship management techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain good relationships
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated business acumen, organizational skills and flexibility to adapt easily to change
- Exceptional project management skills adhering to timelines and deadlines
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to evaluate effective solutions
- Ability to multitask and self-manage
- Proven innovative and strategic thinking
Initiative, enthusiasm and a keen understanding of developing and nurturing staff and member relations would be essential attributes of the successful candidate.
The incumbent will also demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Change Leadership – Follows through on change initiatives
- Building Relationships and Partnerships – Collaborates with stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Listening, Understanding and Responding – Effectively uses empathy
- Results Orientation – Sets and works to meet challenging goals
- Team Leadership – Positions self as a leader
- Developing Others – Gives feedback to encourage ongoing development
- Strategic Orientation – Integrates goals with operations
This is a full-time management position offering a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications must be received by Wednesday January 22, 2014 at 5:00pm AST
Interested candidates can apply online at www.sydneycreditunion.com/careers or by forwarding their resume in confidence, by email, to:
Nancy Burke, Human Resources Associate
Email: email@example.com (Attachments should be in Word or PDF format)
Sydney Credit Union wishes to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.