Marketing Officer (Term) – Atlantic Central
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada. We provide a range of services, leadership and advocacy at the provincial, regional and national levels. Collectively, the 45 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $6 billion in assets on behalf of 300,000+ members. League Savings and Mortgage Company is a subsidiary of Atlantic Central and has been a trusted credit union partner for more than 50 years.
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for a thirteen-month and two weeks term position of a Marketing Officer to provide input into the region’s annual marketing activities and assists with the implementation of regional marketing tactics including campaign measurement, as well as supporting the Marketing Department in meeting organizational objectives. The Marketing Officer will also provide support to the Marketing Department and assists with marketing programs that support Atlantic Central, League Savings and Mortgage and the Atlantic credit unions in their brand and marketing objectives.
Reporting to the Manager, Brand Marketing, the Marketing Officer is responsible for:
- Collecting, analyzing and presenting banking system data and reports as required. Creating queries and reports that support marketing programs and campaign creation. Creating and maintaining program and campaign measurement tools, surveys, databases and market and credit union data.
- Providing input into the development of the annual marketing department plan and budget including researching market trends, proofing materials and assisting with writing content. Tracking and reporting on performance results for the various marketing initiatives.
- Providing support to the credit unions on the regional marketing program including: distributing materials, answering questions, resolving issues, preparing and sending communications to various stakeholders and providing advice and guidance on the implementation of the plan in the credit unions.
- Gathering and interpreting market research data from external agencies and presenting findings of trends, opportunities and gaps.
- Providing input in the creation and production of the regional marketing program. Participating in the development of marketing materials for new and/or changed campaigns or programs including developing, designing writing content, and proofing materials.
- Developing and delivering brand and marketing related training sessions to both internal and external audiences including coordinating and conducting the training sessions.
- Assisting with various marketing initiatives including development and management of project plans, providing advice and guidance to co-workers on project management process.
- Serving on internal and external committees as required.
- Completing other projects and duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed a Degree in Marketing, plus have 3-5 years relevant experience; or have an equivalent combination in education and experience.
The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of marketing principles
- Demonstrated working knowledge of data management
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, InDesign)
- Demonstrated proficiency in copywriting for marketing, direct marketing and social media
- Working knowledge of financial products and services including features and benefits
- Ability to work with content management tools
- Proven analytical skills
- Proven project management skills
- Proven research and analysis skills
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a thirteen-month and two weeks term position and is rated a Salary Level CU-5 ($49,371 – $58,083). Atlantic Central offers a competitive contract benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on Tuesday, September 10, 2019.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)