Member Service Representative (Casual), Sydney Credit Union
Sydney Credit Union is a progressive, full-service co-operative financial institution with more than 14,000 members and over $160 million in assets. We are committed to providing high quality financial solutions to enhance the economic and social well-being of our members and the community in which we serve.
Sydney Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Member Services Representative (Casual) to provide high quality counter and telephone service to current and prospective members of the credit union.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Member Services Representative (Casual) will be responsible for:
- Processing and balancing various financial transactions
- Updating member computer records
- Answering questions and assisting members in making the most effective usage of product and service offerings
- Presenting and explaining basic credit union products and services and cross selling on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services
- Resolving problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts within assigned limits
- Opening and closing safety deposit box accounts
- General office administration including filing of signature cards and other credit union documents
- Assisting and backing-up other team members and completing other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a High School diploma or GED plus have up to one year’s related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The incumbent will also have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle and balance cash
- Proven data entry skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating adding machines/calculators, fax machines, photocopiers and related equipment generally found in a business office
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proven ability to perform basic mathematical calculations with or without a calculator
Initiative, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new skills and tasks would be essential attributes of the successful candidate, as well as a keen understanding and commitment to developing and nurturing member relations.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Self Confidence
- Customer Service Orientation
- Concern for Order, Quality and Compliance
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Impact and Influence
- Results Orientation
- Information Seeking
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Organizational Awareness
- Strategic Orientation
- Conceptual Thinking
- Planning, Organizing and Coordinating
- Problem Solving and Judgment
This is a casual employment opportunity offering competitive compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates can apply by forwarding their resume and/or cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Attachments should be in Word or PDF format)
Deadline: 5pm, March 11th, 2016
Sydney Credit Union wishes to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.