Member Service Representative – Progressive Credit Union
Progressive Credit Union Limited serves the financial needs of the local community and, with over 70 million dollars in assets under administration, provides a full range of financial services to over 6000 members. We are now accepting applications for positions of Member Service Representatives, a permanent full-time position and two part-time positions are available in our Fredericton Branch. The successful candidates should be self-motivated, flexible and demonstrate good communication and marketing skills.
Reporting to Member Service Supervisor/Branch Manager, the Member Services Representative will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Processing and balancing various financial transactions; balancing cash drawer and daily transactions; investigating and resolving out of balance conditions
- Updating member computer records
- Answering questions and assisting members in making the most effective usage of service offerings
- Presenting, explaining and cross-selling credit union products and services through analyzing member needs and presenting the benefits and alternatives
- Resolving problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts; within assigned limits
- Performing a variety of general office tasks, including project work, checking reports and other general office administration, as directed by supervisor(s)
- Assisting and backing up other team members and completing other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a High School diploma and have at least one year of post secondary education. Previous experience in a financial institution or other service/marketing environment will be an asset. The incumbent will also have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle and balance cash
- Accurate data entry skills
- Proficiency in operating equipment generally found in a business office
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Progressive Credit Union believes strongly in life long learning and as such, requires employees to commit to ongoing training. We offer competitive salary structures as well as a competitive benefits package.
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume in confidence to:
Rose Brewster, Branch Manager
30 Hughes Street,
Fredericton, N.B. E3A 2W3
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 4, 2013.
We wish to thank applicants in advance and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.