Member Services Representative, Sydney Credit Union, NS
Are you interested in working for an organization that is focused on enhancing the economic and social well-being of our members and our community? Does working at a local financial institution that is actively involved in the Sydney area sound appealing? If so, we have the position for you!
At Sydney Credit Union we are committed to putting our members at the forefront of all we do. One of the ways in which we do this is by providing high quality financial solutions to our approximately 14,000 members.
We are currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Member Services Representative. With the guidance and support of the Branch Manager, Member Services Representatives are tasked with the vital role of providing great member service as they are often the first person that members interact with. More specifically, this role is responsible for:
- Providing an exceptional member experience by proactively engaging with members to understand and meet their immediate day-to-day banking needs by identifying the products and services that will benefit them
- Completing financial transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, bill payments and/or other account transactions in an accurate and efficient manner, and transforming the member experience by educating them on our mobile tools and resources
- Proactively resolving problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts
- General office administration and updating member records
- Assisting and backing-up other team members and completing other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a High School diploma or GED plus have one year’s related experience and/or training.
The necessary skills to be successful in this position include:
- Effective listening and responding
- Successful relationship building
- A positive attitude towards teamwork and cooperation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven data entry skills
- A proven ability to perform basic mathematical calculations with or without a calculator
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn are essential attributes.
This is a permanent position and is covered under the Collective Agreement between Sydney Credit Union Limited and United Steelworkers, Local 1064. Remuneration begins at $13.42/hour, with an increase to $16.19 after 6 months and further increases at the one year, two year and three year mark. A comprehensive benefits plan is provided after three months, as well as a pension plan after one year. A pro-rated amount of vacation is provided in the first year, and additional benefits including a lifestyle fitness credit are also included!
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 22, 2018.
Sydney Credit Union wishes to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.