Mortgage Administration Officer (5 Month Term)
Credit Union Atlantic is a locally owned financial institution serving the needs of individuals and businesses in the Halifax Regional Municipality. With over 18,000 members, Credit Union Atlantic is one of the largest credit unions in Nova Scotia, and has nine locations in the Halifax Regional Municipality. Our success is the result of the quality of our employees who are committed to exceptional customer service and team orientation. CUA would like to invite qualified, enthusiastic and committed individuals to apply for the following career opportunity:
Reporting to the Director, Retail Services, the Mortgage Administration Officer will lead the mortgage administration process, including all mortgage and Home Equity Lines of Credit, municipal tax accounts, maintenance of corresponding loan files and issuing mortgage instructions following internal policy and procedures. The Mortgage Administration Officer is also responsible to provide a high level of administrative support to ensure the highest levels of service is provided both internally and externally.
Responsibilities and Key Result Areas:
- Mortgage Account and File Maintenance –responsible for receiving all new mortgage files, ensuring all files are audited with any errors corrected in a timely manner and monitoring files to ensure all registered legal documents are received as required and files are complete. Proactively verifying mortgage reports, preparing mortgage and Home Equity Line of Credit renewal documentation with appropriate follow-up procedures in a timely manner. Efficiently prepare all payout statements, promptly notifying branches of payout requests and prepare and process releases and amending agreements for mortgages;
- Administration & Transaction Management – responsible for ensuring all municipal tax accounts are paid on time and any deficiencies addressed. Ensure all required reporting is accurate and completed on time and the mortgage origination system is maintained and administered effectively;
- Ensure Exceptional Service – ensures an outstanding quality of service experience for all branch staff as well as external parties such as law offices and municipal tax offices. Provide efficient and effective support by answering queries, retrieving file information and resolving problems related to all mortgage loans. Prepares and sends all documentation to the law offices and ensures advances are done in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Undergraduate or college degree or plus one to three years relevant experience in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Mortgage or credit and/or banking experience considered an asset;
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to understand the big picture or strategic framework of a particular initiative.
This is a full-time position offering a competitive benefits and compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Closing date for this opportunity is 9:00 a.m. Monday, June 16, 2014.
Method of Applying: All applicants are required to submit a resume and covering letter to email@example.com. We thank everyone for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining the CUA team!