Part-time Financial Services Representative, Bergengren Credit Union, Antigonish
Bergengren Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Financial Services Representative at the Antigonish Branch. This is a part-time position and requires the incumbent to be flexible to work various shift hours from Monday to Friday.
Ranked by Progress Magazine as one of the Best Places to Work in Atlantic Canada for several years since 2009, Bergengren Credit Union is committed to being an employer of choice by providing a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Bergengren Credit Union is a full service financial institution which has operated as a viable financial choice for its members since 1933. We have over $220,000,000 in assets; a membership of approx. 15,000 and 3 Branches (New Glasgow; Antigonish; St. Andrews).
Reporting to the Assistant Branch Manager, the Financial Services Representative will be responsible for:
- Providing exceptional customer service to current and prospective Credit Union members.
- Identifying members’ financial needs; suggesting appropriate product or service and referring members to other departments.
- Processing various financial transactions and balancing daily work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Understanding all products and services offered by Bergengren Credit Union. These include but not limited to facts and features; benefits and advantages; rules and regulations and price structure.
- Assisting in the promotion of new products and services to Credit Union members.
- Resolving problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts within assigned limits.
- Following the Credit Union’s security and risk management procedures.
- Demonstrating a team approach and providing support to the Front Line team.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a High School diploma or GED plus have a minimum of one year related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The successful candidate will also have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to details
- Highly organized and results oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Strong personal and work ethics
- Experience working with cash; previous sales and service experience, preferably in the financial industry
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Co-operation
- Strategic Orientation
Bergengren Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with competitive benefits and compensation package. The starting hourly rate for this position is $17.85.
Applications are accepted until 4:30pm on Tuesday, July 21, 2015.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume in confidence to:Layla Khalil, Human Resources Manager Bergengren Credit Union 257 Main Street Antigonish, NS B2G 2C1
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (when sending applications by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format).
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.