Payment Services Officer (Summer Student)
Atlantic Central (Halifax Office) is currently accepting applications for the summer term position of Payment Services Officer (Summer Student) to provide various administrative and banking services to all customers in accordance with Payment Services Operating Standards.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Payment Services, the Payment Services Officer – Summer Student will be responsible for:
1. Assisting with the delivery of the following core Payments services as assigned:
- Canadian and USD posting
- General Ledger posting
- Balancing and reconciliation of various accounts ensuring proper controls are in place
- Incoming and outgoing work preparation and retention
- Credit Union inquiries
2. Assisting with process improvements and efficiencies within the Payment Services department.
3. Assisting and backing-up other members of the Payment Services Department and completing other projects and duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will preferably be in the process of completing a certification or Degree in a Business related discipline such as Accounting or Finance at a Community College or University. The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting practices, procedures, and terminology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Access)
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
Hours of Work:
Please note that this is a part-time summer position commencing in May until August and the hours of work per week are 37.5 hours or 7.5 hours per day.
Applications close on Monday, April 8, 2013.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 9200 Halifax, NS B3K 5N3
Email: email@example.com (Please submit in MS Word format)