Payment Services Officer (Term Position)
Atlantic Central (Halifax Office) is currently accepting applications for the term position of Payment Services Officer to provide various administrative, payment and banking services to all customers in accordance with Payment Services Operating Standards.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Payment Services, the Payment Services Officer will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the delivery of the following core Payments services as assigned:
- Canadian and USD posting
- General Ledger posting
- Balancing and reconciliation of various accounts ensuring proper controls are in place
- Incoming and outgoing work preparation and retention
- Credit Union inquiries
- Ensuring all manual and electronic transactions are accurately posted and balanced.
- Problem solving and resolving minor problems and escalating major problems as appropriate.
- Completing internal current account reconciliations.
- Preparing and processing general ledger entries to various accounts and balancing entries to general ledger and reconciling differences.
- Assisting and providing documentation in the preparation of the annual audit.
- Providing administrative support including preparing correspondence as required, maintaining of filing system, maintaining the procedures manual (including credit union procedures) for the incumbent’s job, and other general office administration.
- Assisting other members of the Payment Services team.
- Participating in achieving the departmental objectives and completing other duties and projects as assigned
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a Diploma in Business Administration or a related discipline plus have 1-3 years experience in a finance, accounting or payment processing environment; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience
The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting practices, procedures, and terminology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Access
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a nine-month term position from May 19, 2015 to February 12, 2016 and is rated a Salary Level CU-4 ($40,957 – $48,185).
Applications close on Wednesday, May 6, 2015.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 9200, Station A
Halifax, NS B3K 5N3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)