Payments Policy Analyst
The Canadian Credit Union Association (CCUA) is the national credit union trade association that provides services to Canada’s credit unions, caisses populaires (outside of Quebec), and regional Central organizations. CCUA is distinct in its commitment to cooperative values, and is the first national credit union governed organization in Canada.
- Review and analyze payments industry developments and documents such as policy documents, consultation papers, industry reports and proposed changes to payment rules, regulations and codes.
- Prepare reports and business documents related to the payments industry and credit union sector performance.
- Manage the documentation of credit union obligations to payment industry regulations and standards, templates and forms for department and credit union use.
- Liaise with internal and external subject-matter experts and other credit union sector stakeholders.
- Participate in payments industry events for the purpose of keeping abreast of industry developments.
- Act as the Secretariat creating agendas, minutes, business arising reports, discussion and decision papers, presentations, and any other required meeting materials.
- Support credit unions, Centrals and other team members in the delivery of payments products and services.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent, with preference given to those with post-graduate education
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role in the payments or financial services sector, with preference for credit union system experience
You are someone who:
- Understands co-operative principles, the credit union system and the financial services industry.
- Possesses an attentive ear with excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Works successfully in groups or independently, is curious, and seeks guidance and support from directors and SMEs when needed.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes effectively and achieves deadlines with a highly developed sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Masters MS Excel and Word, and is comfortable working with Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint.