Members of the CUA Team work to create and deliver a “wow” banking experience to 20,000 individuals and businesses across Nova Scotia. The CUA Difference is a combination of flexible products, personalized service and quick decisions made here by people who know and love our Province. CUA’s continued growth and member satisfaction reflects a team of big-thinking problem-solvers who think outside the box to help everyday people get ahead. If you are excited about the opportunity to help people achieve what matters most, while changing the way people think about banking, consider the following opportunity:
Payroll & Administrative Officer (1-year contract)
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources & Administration, the Payroll & Administrative Officer administers payroll and benefits for CUA and its subsidiary companies. In addition, this position performs various human resources, administrative and operational functions. The Payroll & Administrative Officer works closely with the Receptionist & Administrative Assistant to provide support and Reception coverage on a daily basis.
As the successful candidate, you have a proven ability to provide superior payroll, benefits, administrative and service support. You bring exceptional organizational and time management skills to the role, as well as strong interpersonal capabilities and good judgment. Your experience in payroll and benefits administration enables you to accurately and efficiently perform this key function and provide advice and information to others. You have a keen attention to detail, excellent math, typing and formatting skills and are able to prioritize and multi-task a variety of initiatives. You enjoy problem solving, working closely with others and have basic accounting skills.
- Business Administration or Human Resources Management Certificate required, with a minimum of three years administrative experience and two years of payroll and benefits-related experience; or, equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong knowledge of payroll administration / legislation and experience processing payroll, preferably in Ceridian.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, project and time management skills.
- Excellent typing and formatting skills, using the MS Suite of products.
- Certification from the Canadian Payroll Association is considered an asset.
This is a 1-year contract, full-time position offering competitive compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Closing date for this opportunity is November 24, 2020.
Method of Applying: Please apply by submitting a resume to email@example.com as well as providing your salary expectations. While we appreciate all submissions, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining the CUA Team!