Permanent, Full-Time Financial Services Officer, North Sydney, NS
North Sydney Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. North Sydney Credit Union has 26 million in assets and serves more than 1800 members. North Sydney Credit Union is locally owned and operated. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, North Sydney Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but we believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
North Sydney Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Financial Services Officer (FSO), located in North Sydney. Reporting to the Manager, the Financial Services Officer will be responsible for member needs in both lending and deposit products. Through business development and delivery of exceptional member experience, you will promote and sell a full range of products and services including but not limited to loans, mortgages, lines of credit, and card products, registered and non-registered investments.
The Financial Services Officer will be mainly responsible for:
- Meeting with members; providing sound financial advice; opening and closing accounts while delivering exceptional member service.
- Analyzing applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting mortgages and loans.
- Compiling mortgage/loan package and negotiating mortgage/loan structure with applicant, including rates, terms repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Analyzing potential opportunities involved in each situation to further assist the member as well as increasing the Credit Union lending/deposit portfolio and use of products.
- Proactively contacting members, updating member data and working independently to manage member relationships.
- Providing individual financial counseling and information to members on mortgage/loan services and deposit products available through the credit union. Making referrals for those requiring financial planning advice.
- Preparing documentation for mortgage renewals, loan payment extensions and substitution of loan securities. Approving releases of security for paid out loans and mortgages.
- Keeping up-to-date with the lending procedures, policies, processes and regulatory environment.
- Actively participate in coaching sessions, meetings, and training requirements.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a certificate or diploma in Business Administration plus have three to five years’ lending experience (or an equivalent combination of training and experience in lending). She/he will also demonstrate:
- Sales oriented with a demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities, and solve problems
- Strong communication, negotiation and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment, and discretion
- Knowledge of financial principles
- Experience working with various software
- Thorough knowledge of products and services
- Knowledge of relevant policies and regulatory requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Co-operation
- Strategic Orientation
- Displays the competencies required to build the foundation with the 4 P’s when working with members – Proficient, Professional, Proactive and Patient
North Sydney Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive compensation package.
To learn more about this opportunity or to express your interest, please email your resume to Khristine Stubbert at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day Friday, June 30, 2017.