Permanent Part-Time Financial Services Representative, East Coast Credit Union, Antigonish, NS
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has $650 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 20 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Providing convenient banking options means their members can do their banking any way, anywhere and anytime they choose! East Coast Credit Union is locally owned and operated. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. They believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for a Permanent Part-Time Financial Services Representative in the Bergengren Branch, Antigonish. The incumbent will report directly to the Assistant Manager. The position requires the incumbent to be flexible to work as required. You will support this position by providing high quality financial services to the members.
As the Financial Services Representative, your main focus will be to:
- Providing exceptional customer service to current and prospective Credit Union members.
- Identifying members’ financial needs; suggesting appropriate product or service and referring members to other departments.
- Processing various financial transactions and balancing daily work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Understanding all products and services offered by East Coast Credit Union. These include but not limited to facts and features; benefits and advantages; rules and regulations and price structure.
- Assisting in the promotion of new products and services to Credit Union members.
- Resolving problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts within assigned limits.
- Following the Credit Union’s security and risk management procedures.
- Demonstrating a team approach and providing support to the Front Line team.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a High School diploma or GED plus have a minimum of one year related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. He/She will also have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to details
- Highly organized and results oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Strong personal and work ethics
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Co-operation
- Strategic Orientation
East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive compensation package.
Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, September 26, 2017.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Amy Johnson, Human Resources Officer
155 Ochterloney Street
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We want to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.