Policy & Procedures Assistant (Summer Co-op Term)
Atlantic Central provides liquidity management, payments processing and trade association services that support the credit unions of Atlantic Canada. The Central provides leadership, advocacy and a range of support services in the fulfillment of these key functions. League Savings and Mortgage (“LSM”) is a subsidiary of Atlantic Central and provides commercial and retail mortgage financing and investment products and services in support of credit unions, credit union members, and through broker services.
Atlantic Central’s Halifax office is currently accepting applications for a summer co-op term position of Policy & Procedures Assistant to provide administrative and project support to the Policy & Procedures Department. The successful candidate will be enrolled in a Business Degree and be a participant in the University’s Co-op program.
Reporting to the Manager of Policy & Procedures, the Policy & Procedures Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assisting with creating and updating digital account origination documentation and support materials
- Providing project support for the creation of an online support tool for credit unions
- Providing project support for the implementation of a Credit Union Market Code
- Conducting research and organizing information on operational areas.
- Compiling information to be included in operational procedures manuals.
- Completing other duties and projects as may be assigned.
The successful candidate will be working towards completing a degree in Business and have completed at least their second year of study. The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with website administration
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to learn new software
- Ability to accomplish tasks with little supervision
Hours of Work:
Please note that this is a full-time summer position and the hours of work per week are 37.5 hours. The term for this position will be from May 4th to August 21st, 2020 and the hours of work are 8:30am – 4:30pm. This position will be paid hourly at $15.37 an hour plus vacation pay.
Applications will close on February 14, 2020.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)