Procedures Analyst – Atlantic Central
Atlantic Central provides liquidity management, payments processing and trade association services that support the credit unions of Atlantic Canada. The Central provides leadership, advocacy and a range of support services in the fulfillment of these key functions. League Savings and Mortgage (“LSM”) is a subsidiary of Atlantic Central and provides commercial and retail mortgage financing and investment products and services in support of credit unions, credit union members, and through broker services.
Atlantic Central’s Halifax office is currently accepting applications for the position of Procedures Analyst to be responsible for the development and maintenance of detailed procedures manuals for Atlantic credit unions in the areas of credit services, deposit and supplementary services, financial and administrative operations and that comply with relevant legislation, policy and sound business requirements and include operating controls and risk management practices. The position will also coordinate and manage a range of Procedures/Banking/Product related projects including the implementation and maintenance of new products and services as they relate to credit unions and is required to complete the projects without formal authority over the people impacted by legislative and procedural changes.
This position may be available for telecommuting.
Reporting to the Manager, Policy, Procedures and Documents, the Procedures Analyst is responsible for:
- Leading and/or assisting in conducting research, gathering and organizing information on operational areas. Compiling information in a detailed operational procedures manual. Supporting change and delivery of procedures and use of documents and tools by providing sound advice, communication and training.
- Consulting on needs and current practices. Analyzing and evaluating current practices and developing recommendations for standard practices. Acting as liaison between credit unions, provincial Centrals and service providers to resolve issues and/or concerns.
- Designing, developing, and implementing working forms and documents that support model policies and best practices including, but not limited to: conducting ongoing reviews and evaluations of processes; developing new and/or changes to procedures; developing and maintaining procedures documentation, automated processes and tools; serving as a member of the project team in the development and implementation of changes; developing and delivering one-on-one or small group training on procedures.
- For legal documents, providing draft documents to legal for review, maintaining and controlling use and changes to approved documents. Where tools are not available, will develop and maintain the tools and processes to support the need and enhance the member servicing.
- Consulting with regional regulators to gain support for new procedures and standards.
- Staying current on legislation changes, upgrades to the data system and other programs that impact operating procedures in credit unions.
- Serving as a work leader to the Policy & Procedures summer student including, but not limited to, assigning and directing work; resolving work related problems of a technical nature, and providing training, guidance and ongoing coaching.
- Providing testing and quality control for lending documents and processes as it relates to the Banking system updates.
- Providing procedures support to the Product Release Department including, but not limited to: developing Operational Guides; providing guidance on any legislative requirements related to the product; acting as a liaison with Legal Services as it relates to Policy or Procedure related work; developing automated processes, tracking and analysis tools related to product implementation; providing training as required.
- Acting as back up to the Manager in his or her absence.
- Providing input into the development of the annual department plan and budget and participating in the implementation of the department plan.
- Completing other duties and projects as may be assigned.
TRAVEL AND EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires occasional travel throughout Atlantic Canada and occasional evening and weekend work throughout the year.
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed a Bachelors degree with an emphasis in Business plus have 5-7 years’ experience (deposit and lending services) in a financial institution, preferably a credit union, or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will have the following skill set:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Proven technical writing skills
- Proven skills in conducting research including using the Internet as a research tool, organizing and compiling data
- Proven ability to analyze current practices and business needs, question/clarify details and develop solutions and procedures
- Proven consulting/facilitation ability
- Proven project management skills
- Demonstrated advanced skills in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated working knowledge and ability in administering web-based collaborative platforms (SharePoint)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Atlantic Banking system
- Proven ability in designing and delivering educational programs and/or workshops using training techniques to train adult learners
- Demonstrated knowledge of the financial regulatory environment and requirements
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a permanent full-time position and the salary level is currently under review. Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on May 3, 2019.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, including salary expectations, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)