Product Release Officer (one-year term)
WHO WE ARE:
We are passionate people committed to top notch customer service and partnering with our credit unions across the Atlantic provinces to enable the Atlantic credit union system and the communities they serve to thrive.
We strive to empower and support the growth of our employees in our team environment and we want YOU to join our team!
WHAT WE DO:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada. We provide a range of services, leadership and advocacy at the provincial, regional and national levels. Collectively, the 45 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $10 billion in mortgages, loans and deposits on behalf of more than 300,000 Atlantic Canadians.
As a subsidiary of Atlantic Central, League Savings and Mortgage is a federally regulated provider of wholesale banking services to credit unions, with assets under administration in excess of $2 billion. Our cooperative values drive our culture and how we do our business. League Savings is evolving its business model and is expanding into new markets and expected to experience significant growth over the next several years.
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for a one-year term position of Product Release Officer.
In the role of Product Release Officer, you’ll report to the Manager, Product Release and be responsible for assisting with the development of implementation tools and resources for new products and services for the Atlantic credit unions. You’ll also write the internal and external communications for the department, to ensure information is effectively delivered to key stakeholders, and provide project support to the Manager, Product Release in the administration of active projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Providing support in the development of new credit union products and services including: responding to phone and email requests throughout the implementation process of new products and services for the Atlantic credit unions; completing monthly project reports and providing status updates to project stakeholders; coordinating pilot programs for new products and services and gathering feedback from participating credit unions; gathering feedback and suggestions for future enhancements as part of the monitoring/measurement function; and consolidating materials to assist in the development of support programs and related materials.
- Providing project support including: creating status reports, maintaining monthly updates of active projects and attending project meetings.
- Maintaining the Product Solutions section of company websites including uploading content, ensuring content contained within the websites are updated and concurrent with the product solutions model.
- Creating and reviewing new and existing training related materials for the launch of new products and services. Developing materials as required.
- Writing and developing communication material to support the product solutions function such as memorandums, emails, website content and presentations. Assisting in the development and delivery of the release of new products and services including writing, proofing, editing, emails, website content and presentations.
- Completing other projects and duties as assigned.
This position will be able to work out of our Halifax office.
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE:
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed a Degree with an emphasis in Business plus have a minimum of three years related experience specific to the fields of communications; project management administration or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
THE COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including writing, editing and proofreading
- Demonstrated working knowledge of communication principles, methods and resources
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of adult education practices and principles
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and edit the content, structure and format of a range of written material
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret intellectual information and to develop accurate and descriptive abstracts and summaries
- Knowledge of project management methodology
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Articulate software
- Proven time management skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and work collaboratively within a busy team environment
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong ability in the following behavioural competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a one-year term position and is rated a Salary Level CU-5 ($49,371 – $58,083). Atlantic Central offers a competitive contract benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on March 10, 2020.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, including salary expectations, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)