Project Coordinator (12-Month Contract), East Coast
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to
partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has
approx. $750 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 20 locations from Cape Breton
to Halifax. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not
only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. We believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Project Coordinator to be
responsible for assisting with planning, executing, and delivering various projects on time, within budget, and
in accordance to specifications. The incumbent also assists in the development and rollout of any training
associated with a particular project and ensures East Coast Credit Union’s objectives and operational needs
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Solutions & Operations your main focus will be to:
- Assist with establishing a Project Charter for each approved project, defining the projects, goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, resources, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones and deliverables.
- Coordinate project activities including the allocation of adequate resources; installation of new systems or equipment; documentation; budget and other factors necessary for success.
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, and deliverables using appropriate software tools and/or methods.
- Liaise with service providers and stakeholders to identify and define project scope, requirements and objectives and conduct stakeholder meetings and forums.
- Work closely with the Operations Team throughout the project lifecycle impacting the branch and member service.
- Assist with the development and rollout of any training associated with the various projects.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plan and reports.
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have completed a business diploma from a post-secondary program plus have a minimum of two years related experience in project management, preferably in the financial industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certificate in project management is considered an asset.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Proficiency with data systems, software applications and project management tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Strong analytical skills, technical aptitude with attention to details
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
The incumbent also must:
- Be able and willing to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Be able and willing to travel to various locations of East Coast Credit Union.
- Be able to conduct presentations and training to small and large groups.
- Be willing to take additional training or courses as required.
This is a twelve-month contract position. The duration of the contract may be reduced or extended depending on operational needs. East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive compensation package.
Applications will be accepted until Monday, September 10, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter and resume in confidence to: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format. Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.