Project Management Officer (Term Position)
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for the term position of Project Management Officer to join the Project Management & Premises team in our Halifax office. This position is responsible for coordinating and performing a variety of project management functions in support of the Project Management Office (PMO), including supporting the development and maintenance of the corporate project management methodology, monitoring the organization’s projects, and assisting with the advancement of employee project management capabilities.
Reporting to the Director, Project Management & Premises, the Project Management Officer is responsible for:
- Administering and maintaining the project management methodology processes and tools. Conducting research and recommending enhancements to the project management methodology and tools.
- Identifying potential solutions for issues identified by the Project Management Committee from the existing project management methodology or the identifying and recommending of new or enhanced processes and/or tools. Preparing materials and recommending plan for implementing new or enhanced processes and tools.
- Preparing training materials and guides.
- Coordinating the Project Management Committee, preparing meeting schedules and agendas in accordance with PMO and committee objectives, and preparing reports and communications.
- Tracking key project metrics and preparing reports for the PMO and executive management.
- Managing the corporate project repository, ensuring all project documentation is in place for current and past projects, and gathering and promoting useful reference materials.
- Providing project management support including preparing reports; managing project plans and electronic schedules; coordinating and preparing presentations and other materials for meetings; conducting research; tracking progress and metrics.
- Acting as primary back-up to the Director, Project Management and Premises on any projects he or she is directly managing as required.
- Completing other projects and duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed a diploma in business administration and a designation in project management (e.g. CAPM) plus has 3-5 years relevant experience; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effective liase with different stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Project
- Proven project management ability
- Proven ability to develop project management processes and procedures and plan implementation of new/revised processes/procedures
- Demonstrated research skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating, composing and editing written materials
- Proven attention to detail
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a twelve-month term position and is rated a Salary Level CU-6 ($47,965 – $56,429). Atlantic Central offers a competitive contract benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on Monday, February 11, 2013. Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 9200, Station A
Halifax, NS B3K 5N3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)