Project Manager (IT), 12-18 month Contract, Bayview Credit Union, Saint John, NB
Bayview Credit Union is the largest Credit Union in New Brunswick with 8 branches in Saint John, Kennebecasis Valley, Hampton, Sussex and St. George.
For more information on our services please visit our website at www.bayviewnb.com
We have a vacancy at our King Street Branch, Saint John, NB, for a 12 to 18 month CONTRACT position of PROJECT MANAGER to assist with the implementation of a technology conversion. Flexibility in working hours and schedule as well as the ability to work remotely are key components of this role. This position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the management of a technology conversion involving cross-functional teams. The Project Manager will manage the initiation, planning, coordination, execution, control, completion and the communication of this project. The successful candidate will ensure the project flows well by effectively managing and executing within the agreed upon scope, timelines, and budget. The management of the communication of this project to all stakeholders is a key component of the role.
Some of the qualifications, which are desired for this position, include, but are not limited to:
- A designation/diploma/certificate in Project Management is preferred
- Strong knowledge of the financial service industry (Credit Union or Bank)
- Successfully completed a university degree in a related field (e.g. Business, Computer Science etc) is preferred
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively liaise with various stakeholders and build relationships
- Exceptional planning and analytical ability and skills
- Proven ability to foresee events and challenges
- Provide critical thinking and decision making ability
- Proven organizational and results orientation skills for coordinating and tracking the project work
- Strong grasp of project management software and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products
- Proven ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Skilled problem solver and sound decision maker
Obtaining an up to date clearance letter from the Police/RCMP, credit check and eligibility to be bonded are conditions of employment.
Anyone who wishes to make a formal application for the position should do so in writing, by August 26, 2016 by including all relevant qualifications and references to the attention of:Ginny Hourihan, CHRP Human Resources Manager – Bayview Credit Union
email to: email@example.com
Although we appreciate all applications, only those being short-listed for an interview will be contacted.