Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Credit Union Atlantic is a locally owned financial institution serving the needs of individuals and businesses in the Halifax Regional Municipality. With over 17,000 members, Credit Union Atlantic is one of the largest credit unions in Atlantic Canada and has eight locations in the Halifax Regional Municipality. Our success is the result of the quality of our employees who are committed to exceptional customer service and team orientation. CUA would like to invite qualified, enthusiastic and committed individuals to apply for the following career opportunity:
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant; CUA Corporate Office (1-year term)
Reporting to the Corporate Administrator, the Receptionist / Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible to receive visitors to the Corporate Office, management of postal or courier mail, and provision of administrative support services. As the first point of contact for CUA members and / or visitors to CUA, it is the first priority of the receptionist to conduct his / herself in a professional manner at all times. Dress, appearance of the individual as well as the reception area is to be kept at a high standard and interactions with guests to the Corporate Office should be met with utmost professionalism at all times.
As the successful candidate, you are an experienced Administrative Professional possessing high-level experience with MS Office Suite, highly competent with IT and presentation equipment as well as basic accounting skills. Your strong attention to detail is complemented by your solid ability to prioritize and multi-task a variety of ongoing projects / requests. You have excellent typing skills, including speed and accuracy. Providing exceptional customer service both internally and externally is important in this role, as is the ability to problem solve, listen, understand and respond to various requests.
Job Accountabilities: (Included, but not limited to)
- Provides first point of contact with Corporate Office clients, vendors and visitors;
- Provides general administrative support such as word processing, maintaining filing, mail distribution, scheduling meetings and appointments and other general office administration;
- Answers general incoming calls and builds relationships by providing excellent customer service;
- Assists the Corporate Administrator with organizing meetings, staff events or conferences; arranges facilities and catering, issues information and invitations;
- Provides administrative support to the Corporate Administrator, President & CEO and Senior Management Team when required;
- Typing, formatting documents, working with tables, mail merges, report assembly;
- Acts as the Purchasing Agent for all stationery supplies for both Corporate Office and all branches, ensuring all purchases are cost-effective and invoices are accurate; and,
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality at all times.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years in an administrative support role;
- Completed a one (2)-year office administration course from a recognized institution;
- High school diploma or GED; and,
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
This is a 1-year term, full-time position offering competitive benefits and compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Closing date for this opportunity is Wednesday, October 9, 2013.
Method of Applying: We are friends of the environment and therefore a resume-less organization. All applicants are required to complete an online application located at www.cuacareers.ca. We thank everyone for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining the CUA team!