Receptionist (Term position), St. Joseph’s Credit Union, NS
St. Joseph’s Credit Union is currently accepting applications for a temporary term Receptionist to provide a high level of reception and switchboard services for the credit union. This person will represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner and provide administrative and clerical support to the credit union. The position is also responsible for responding to member inquiries; presenting, explaining and cross-selling a basic number of credit union products and services; and assisting members with these products and services.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Receptionist will be responsible for:
- Operating switchboard
- Greeting members and visitors to the credit union
- Responding to members inquiries, requests, or complaints and either handles or directs to the appropriate individual or department
- Performing daily clearing functions
- Responding to safety deposit box requests. Reviews safety deposit procedures with new members Controls member entrance within the vault area. Prepares and maintains required files
- Prepares, verifies and reconciles internal accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and display area
- Provides administrative support to the credit union
- Assists and backs-up other staff members and completes other duties as assigned
Minimum Hiring Qualifications and Experience:
The Receptionist will have successfully completed a high school diploma or GED plus a one year office administration course plus have one to two years related experience in an administrative support environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. This incumbent will also be fluent in English and French and be skilled in the following areas:
- Written communications
- Work planning and management
- Software proficiency
- Knowledge of products and services Knowledge of policies and regulatory environment
- Decision making
- Business knowledge
- Optimizing Risk
- Monitoring and Compliance
- Knowledge of financial principles
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Results Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a term position to cover a maternity leave with potential start date March 1, 2017.
Applications close on Friday, February 10, 2017.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé in confidence to:Brenda Samson St. Joseph’s Credit Union 3552 Hwy 206, PO Box 159
Petit de Grat, NS B0E 2L0 Fax: 902-226-9855 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (When sending résumés by e-mail, please submit in MS Word).