Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for the position of Receptionist/Administrator to provide a high level of reception and switchboard services for Atlantic Central and League Savings and Mortgage Company that represents the companies in a positive and professional manner, and to provide administrative and project support to the Legal Services & Office of the Corporate Secretary department.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Services, the Receptionist/Administrator is generally responsible for:
- Operating the switchboard receiving incoming calls and messages, determining their nature, and handling or transferring them to the appropriate individuals or departments. Maintaining internal telephone listing of extensions and providing updates to staff.
- Greeting visitors, determining the nature of their business and contacting the appropriate personnel.
- Responding to staff and tenant inquiries, requests, or complaints. Forwarding requests to the Maintenance department as required.
- Conducting website (internal and external) administration including, but not limited to: publishing content; maintaining the user management system; monitoring communications mailboxes and responding to or re-routing messages appropriately.
- Maintaining contact information in e-mail distribution lists and contact books.
- Providing general administrative and project support including, but not limited to: typing memoranda, correspondence, reports, meeting materials and other documents; handling mail and courier shipments; ordering supplies; arranging catering for meetings; maintaining meeting room bookings and meeting rooms; coordinating and sending memoriam donations: coordinating travel and accommodation arrangements for boards and staff.
- Providing administrative and project support to the Communications & Stakeholder Engagement function including, but not limited to: monitoring electronic mailbox; developing content, formatting, and distributing newsletters; reporting on survey completion numbers and sorting data for surveys; maintaining log of communications sent from the Communications & Stakeholder Engagement department.
- Processing invoices for payment. Tracking expenditures and producing reports to assist with budget monitoring and variance reporting for Legal Services & Office of the Corporate Secretary department, and Communications & Stakeholder Engagement department.
- Completing other projects and duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed a one to two-year post-secondary business program plus have plus one to three years related experience, or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Excellent telephone skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a seven month term position and is rated a Salary Level CU-3 ($36,445 – $42,876).
Applications will close on May 17, 2016.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)