Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for the term position of Receptionist/Administrator to provide a high level of reception and switchboard services for Atlantic Central and League Savings and Mortgage Company that represents the companies in a positive and professional manner, and to provide administrative and project support to the Legal Services & Office of the Corporate Secretary department.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Services, the Receptionist/Administrator is generally responsible for:
- Operating the switchboard: receiving incoming calls and messages, determining their nature, and handling or transferring them to the appropriate individuals or departments. Retrieving messages from voice mail and forwarding to appropriate personnel; taking and delivering messages or transferring calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable. Maintaining internal telephone listing of extensions and providing updates to staff.
- Greeting visitors, determining the nature of their business and contacting the appropriate personnel.
- Responding to staff and tenant inquiries, requests, or complaints. Forwarding requests to the Maintenance department as required.
- Conducting website (internal and external) administration including, but not limited to: publishing content; monitoring the communications mailbox and the general e-mail box; responding to or re-routing the message to the appropriate individuals or departments; maintaining contact information in contact books; maintaining the public folders e-mail distribution lists on the e-mail server.
- Providing general administrative and project support including, but not limited to: typing correspondence, reports, meeting materials and other documents; maintaining legal reference binders; handling mail and courier shipments; ordering supplies; arranging catering for meetings; maintaining meeting room bookings and meeting rooms; coordinating and sending memoriam donations; coordinating travel and accommodation arrangements for boards and staff.
- Providing administrative and project support to the Communications & Stakeholder Engagement function including, but not limited to: monitoring electronic mailbox; developing content, formatting, and distributing newsletters; reporting on survey completion numbers and sorting data for surveys; maintaining log of communications sent from the Communications & Stakeholder Engagement department.
- Processing invoices for payment. Tracking expenditures and producing reports to assist with budget monitoring and variance reporting for Legal Services & Office of the Corporate Secretary department, and Communications & Stakeholder Engagement department.
- Completing other projects and duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed a one to two-year post-secondary business program plus have one to three years related experience, or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Excellent telephone skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is an eight-month term position and is rated a Salary Level CU-3 ($37,174-$43,734).
Applications will close on February 23, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)