Risk & Compliance Officer (12-Month Contract), East Coast
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has approx. $750 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 20 locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. We believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Risk & Compliance Officer to be responsible for providing operational support to all branches, management and staff of East Coast Credit Union. The incumbent assists in the development of policies and procedures; investigation of privacy, AML, fraud and security issues; rollout and training for new programs and internal audit.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Risk & Compliance, your primary focus will be to:
- Provide operational support by answering questions, providing information, problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Assist in the development of new policies and procedures, software, spreadsheets and processes.
- Assist in the roll-out of new programs including training and ongoing support to internal users.
- Contribute to the implementation of internal audit programs for operations, security, money laundering, fraud and privacy.
- Assist with the development and implementation of special projects.
- Maintain credit union data records and prepares various reports as required.
- Support other team members and completes other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have completed a post-secondary diploma in business administration plus have three to five years relevant experience in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Knowledge of regulatory environment and compliance
- Proficiency with data systems, software applications and report generation
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills with a proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Proven history of accuracy and high attention to details
- Strong time management and organizational skills
The incumbent also must:
- Be able and willing to travel to various locations of East Coast Credit Union.
- Be able to conduct presentations and training to small and large groups.
- Be willing to take additional training or courses as required.
This is a twelve-month contract position. The duration of the contract may be reduced or extended depending on operational needs. The preferred location is Port Hawkesbury and other corporate locations of East Coast Credit Union may be considered. East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive compensation package.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, September 14, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter and resume in confidence to: E-mail: email@example.com
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.