Senior Accountant, OMISTA
Are you an analytical thinker looking to make an impact with your team and the community? If so, we may have the position for you!
OMISTA Credit Union is a B-Corp Certified, full-service co-operative financial institution with 4 branches, approximately $240 million in assets, and more than 10,000 members. We are committed to providing high quality financial solutions to enhance the economic well-being of our members and the communities in which we serve.
The Senior Accountant Position:
The Senior Accountant provides timely, reliable and responsive financial information and administrative services. This position will add value to the decision-making processes of the Credit Union related to the attainment, allocation and utilization of resources. Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will provide support in the areas of financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and asset/liability matching.
- Preparing internal accounting and financial reporting as well as coordinating, implementing and maintaining the credit union’s accounting information systems
- Conducting cost analysis, trend analysis, and key performance indicators
- Coordinating the preparation of audit working papers for the annual external audit and responding to Auditor queries and providing the support for the preparation of financial statements and notes, and other supporting working papers
- Providing support for the annual budget process including preparation and analysis of budget working papers
- Preparing necessary reporting for regulatory auditors, system partners, CRA, and other external and internal bodies
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with credit union policies and external regulations
- Ensuring that an adequate system of internal controls exists and remains effective
- Preparing ad hoc financial reporting and analysis projects to support management’s business planning and decisions
- University degree or college diploma with a concentration on Commerce or Business administration
- Enrolled in or nearing completion of the CPA designation (preferred)
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in progressive accounting/finance role
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and controls
- Advanced skill level competency in Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Attention to detail, accuracy and superior organizational and time management skills
Working with OMISTA Credit Union:
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes but not limited to; health & dental, a pension plan, and participation in a wellness plan. OMISTA Credit Union will provide you with opportunities to develop, to take on new challenges, and help you to reach your potential at work.
Reference: Senior Accountant
Deadline: January 18, 2019
We appreciate your interest in OMISTA! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.