Senior Accountant – OMISTA Credit Union
Are you an individual who loves to analyze financial information and develop an emerging accounting team? If so, keep reading!
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team.
As a Certified B Corp® OMISTA Credit Union exists to provide a better way to bank. OMISTA provides complete banking products and services delivered with honesty, fairness, and trust. We are committed to providing solutions to enhance the financial wellbeing of our personal banking and small-to-medium-size business banking customers. When you “Bank Local” with OMISTA, all money and profits stay in NB creating greater prosperity for our shared economy and communities.
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Risk, the Senior Accountant is primarily accountable for analyzing the economic stability and trends of the organization. The Senior Accountant assists the Executive Team by providing essential financial reporting and analysis.
- Preparing internal accounting and financial reporting as well as coordinating, implementing and maintaining the credit union’s accounting information systems
- Conducting cost analysis, trend analysis, and key performance indicators
- Coordinating the preparation of audit working papers for the annual external audit and responding to Auditor queries and providing the support for the preparation of financial statements and notes, and other supporting working papers
- Providing support for the annual budget process including preparation and analysis of budget working papers
- Preparing necessary reporting for regulatory auditors, system partners, CRA, and other external and internal bodies
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with credit union policies and external regulations
- Ensuring that an adequate system of internal controls exists and remains effective
- Preparing ad hoc financial reporting and analysis projects to support management’s business planning and decisions
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and controls
- Solid business skills
- Desire to keep learning
- Strong technical skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to answer questions and solve problems
- Leadership capabilities; this position is key for Succession Planning
- Past work experience within the investment / financial industry is an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in progressive accounting/finance role
Education and Training
- University degree or college diploma with a concentration on Commerce or Business administration
- Enrolled in or nearing completion of the CPA designation (preferred)
- Advanced skill level competency in Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Attention to detail, accuracy and superior organizational and time management skills
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Required Travel: No
Work Environment: Head Office
Pay Type: Salaried & Bonus
Application Deadline: February 14, 2020
Application ID: 2020 Senior Accountant 002
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in OMISTA! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.