Senior Manager, Business Services, East Coast Credit Union, NS
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has approximately $750 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 19 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. We believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Senior Manager, Business Services located in Port Hawkesbury, Antigonish or Dartmouth office . The position must be able and willing to travel to other East Coast Credit Union locations on a regular basis to meet with members and business services team.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Senior Manager, Business Services will be responsible for the development and prudent management of the credit union’s business portfolio. This position directs and controls the commercial lending activities including account administration, credit extension, and business development functions in accordance with established policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
As the Senior Manager, Business Services, your primary focus will be to:
- Manage the daily activities of the business loan function including business credit, asset quality, and financial counseling.
- Review loan applications and assess credit risk for all business applications, and approve or decline business loans.
- Develop, recommend and gain approval for the establishment of new or revision of existing business loan policies, programs, products and procedures to best meet member service and organizational goals.
- Recommend sound business lending practices consistent with policy, industry standards, and member service expectations.
- Manage the activities of direct reports in the delivery of optimal internal and external member service through regular coaching, mentoring, training and monitoring performance.
- Lead the business development activities and promote the Credit Union’s business services offerings to existing and potential members.
- Provide input into the credit union’s strategic plan; implement the business department plan; develop and manage the annual department plan and operating budget.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other Senior Managers within East Coast Credit Union. Work closely with Branch Managers concerning business members and provide guidance and advice to their lending team as required.
- Support community initiatives through volunteering and attending events and activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
The successful candidate will have completed a Business Degree with an emphasis in Business Administration or Commerce plus have six to nine years of experience (with an emphasis in Business Lending) in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management. The incumbent will have strong leadership skills and ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment. The person will also have:
- Sales oriented with a demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities, and solve problems
- Demonstrated business development and retention skills
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings
- Proven organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Proven ability to interpret financial data and manage own budget
- Thorough knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance
- Proficiency in the use of technology
- Experience working in a unionized environment is considered an asset
This is a full time position and salary will commensurate with experience. East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive compensation package.
Application deadline is Thursday, December 21, 2017.
If you are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Amy Johnson, Human Resources Officer
155 Ochterloney Street
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We want to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.