Senior Manager, Risk & Compliance – East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Senior Manager, Risk & Compliance to join our team! This permanent position is well suited for an individual with experience in risk management and compliance seeking an opportunity to advance their career in a senior leadership role in a progressive and innovative organization.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. We offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience. With 20 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer flexibility in workplace locations within beautiful Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Vice President of Risk, you will be responsible for providing strategic insight, leadership, direction and support on matters related to operational risk and compliance.
- Develop, recommend and implement new or revisions to existing operational procedures, programs, and policies; monitor to ensure consistent application across all branches and departments.
- Lead and coach a dynamic team in providing exceptional internal member service and achieving the department’s annual plan and objectives.
- Act as key project stakeholder in any initiative where Risk and Compliance is involved. Provide support during implementation of programs, projects and initiatives as required.
- Provide input into the Credit Union’s strategic plan. Develop and manage the annual department plan and operating budget.
- Oversee the Credit Union’s compliance, privacy, fraud and security programs. Work closely with various stakeholders to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Develop, implement and oversee ongoing compliance reviews of Credit Union controls, operating procedures, policies and regulations. Perform various internal audits as required.
- Maintain credit union records on systems along with accurate and up to date reports. Ensure adequate records are maintained for staff security and security levels.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Business plus have six to nine years relevant experience in a senior position with risk management and compliance responsibilities, and three to five years supervisory experience, preferably in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment.
- Exceptional communication, critical thinking and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Thorough knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance.
- Proficiency with data systems, software applications and technology.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, June 4, 2019.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.