Small Business Account Manager (HRM)
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for a full time Small Business Account Manager located in Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM). This position requires the incumbent to be flexible to work in various branch locations within HRM, as well, you may be asked to work with members throughout our entire branch network. This position may be required to provide consumer and commercial service and support to all East Coast Credit Union members including both lending and deposit products. This position is also responsible for proactively identifying and pursuing new sources of business and when appropriate referring that business to another specialist within the credit union.
This position will promote, up-sell and cross-sell the full range of products and services with emphasis on commercial loans, commercial operating accounts as well as consumer loans, mortgages, lines of credit, card products and registered and non-registered investments. The position will also provide commercial service and support to all East Coast Credit Union members and all internal Managers and Financial Service Officers.
East Coast Credit Union Ltd. is a full service financial institution which has operated as a viable financial choice for its members since 1936. We have assets of approximately $360,000,000, a membership of over 27,000 and 19 Branches in Nova Scotia. As a Credit Union we are committed to community support and involvement.
The Small Business Account Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The development and growth of new relationships
- The monitoring and review of the commercial portfolio and responsibility to respond to the needs of existing members including cross selling and up selling appropriate products and services
- To act as champion for Commercial Services, both deposits and loans, for our Branch employees
- Assist Branch Managers and Financial Service Officers with credit structuring, assessment and provide technical/coaching
- Create and present value-added business solutions to East Coast Credit Union commercial members
- Responsible to adhere to East Coast Credit Union policies and procedures and for sound lending decision making
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree, 3 to 5 years experience in commercial credit and collections in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience in credit
- Strong commercial and consumer lending skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of all Financial products and services
- PC literate
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to apply principles of relationship management
- Self starter, able to work and achieve goals with minimal supervision
- Proven organizational and planning skills
- Creativity and a positive attitude when working under pressure
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good sales and proven business development and retention skills
- Strong Behavioural Competency skills: Change Leadership; Adaptability to Change; Customer Service Orientation; Listening, Understanding and Responding; Results Orientation; Teamwork and Co-operation; Developing Others; Building Relationships and Partnerships; and Strategic Orientation
This is a full time position at 35 hours per week, and East Cost Credit Union offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Application close is Friday, October 11, 2013.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Sylvana Moro, Senior Manager of Human Resources
155 Ochterloney Street
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9
E-mail: email@example.com (When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word format)
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We wish to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.