Summer Student: Financial Services Representative, East Coast Credit Union, Antigonish Branch,NS
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has approx. $750 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 19 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. We believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for students currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution to join the East Coast Credit Union team as a Financial Services Representative in the Bergengren Branch, Antigonish, NS. The incumbent will report directly to the Assistant Branch Manager and will be required to be available to work during the summer months. He/She may also work during the academic year when possible.
As the Financial Services Representative, your main focus will be to:
- Provide exceptional customer service to current and prospective East Coast Credit Union members.
- Pro-actively identify members’ financial needs; suggest appropriate product or service and refer members to other departments.
- Process various financial transactions and balance daily work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Understand all products and services offered by East Coast Credit Union. These include but not limited to facts and features; benefits and advantages; rules and regulations and price structure.
- Assist in the promotion of new products and services to Credit Union members.
- Resolve problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts within assigned limits.
- Follow the Credit Union’s security and risk management procedures.
- Demonstrate a team approach and provide support to the Front-Line team.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate is or will be enrolled in a post-secondary program for the 2018-2019 academic year. Up to one year’s experience working in a sales and service environment is preferable. As this role may involve participation on the East Coast Credit Union’s Youth Strategy Advisory Committee, the candidate must exhibit initiative, enthusiasm and desire to participate in this initiative.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Superior customer service skills with ability to develop business
- Ability to achieve and exceed business/sales objectives
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Proven history of accuracy and high attention to details (data entry, paperwork, cash balancing)
- Strong time management/organizational skills
East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive compensation package.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, May 2, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter and resume in confidence to:
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.