Supervisor, Administration Services (Investments)
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for its subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company (LSM), Halifax Branch, for the vacant position of Supervisor, Administration Services (Investments) to supervise and coordinate the activities of the Investment Administration functions, ensuring service excellence in the delivery of investment administration services to internal and external customers; as well as cross-selling on the benefits of using other LSM and/or credit union products and services. Positions reporting to the Supervisor, Administration Services (Investments) include the Administrator, Investments, Administrators II, Investments.
Reporting to the Manager, Administration, the Supervisor, Administration Services (Investments) will be responsible for:
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of the Central Administration Unit in the delivery of optimal administration services ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Overseeing the preparation of all facets of investment administration and documentation including, but not limited to redemptions, renewals, registered and non-registered plans, and Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) taxes and approves those items that require authorization.
- Providing advice and guidance to LSM and credit union personnel regarding investment administration and documentation. Resolving complex problems and client issues referred by LSM personnel and/or credit unions. Solving investment administration concerns by working with lawyers, brokers, managers and staff. Providing input into the development of new policies and/or procedures and/or changes.
- Providing resource information and daily support to credit unions. Communicating and providing guidance on procedural changes and legislative updates.
- Monitoring department activities to ensure LSM policies and procedures are being followed in the daily work routine. Ensuring branch compliance requirements are adhered to for Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC), Privacy, Money Laundering and Terrorism, complaints process and Business Continuity Plan (BCP) plan.
- Administering corporate reporting to CRA for registered plans and non-registered plans. Ensures all tax slips are issued in compliance within CRA regulations.
- Assisting the Manager of Administration with the implementation of the department business plan, budgets, goals/objectives and current priorities resulting in the enhancement of positive and mutually beneficial relationships with the RMU, credit unions and other departments within the organization. Assisting with the development and maintenance of cross training within both departments and maximizing efficiencies throughout the CAU.
- Ensuring client statements are verified, printed and mailed for all LSM customers.
- Acting as back-up to the Supervisor, Administration Services (Mortgages) as required.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a Diploma in Business plus have a minimum of five years relevant experience in a financial institution, including supervisory experience; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience, as well as the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong supervisory skills and ability
- Demonstrated working knowledge of investment products and services
- Working knowledge of policies and regulatory environment
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the investment products and services
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability in calculating amounts such as discounts, interest rates, etc.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Change Leadership
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork Leadership
- Developing Others
- Strategic Orientation
This is a full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-7 ($56,613 – $66,603). League Savings and Mortgage Company offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on Wednesday, July 23, 2014.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 9200, Station A
Halifax, NS B3K 5N3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)