Supervisor, Counter Services – Acadian Credit Union
Career Opportunity – Supervisor, Counter Services
Acadian Credit Union is a community based full-service financial institution with assets of $50 Million, serving approximately 2600 members in Cheticamp, NS. Our focus is always member first, and our relationship with our member is based on our commitment to empowering them to make the best decisions for their financial well being. As a co-operative financial institution, we take pride in offering an environment where teamwork and co-operation enable a member first approach and our co-operative principles drive all our decisions.
We currently have an opening for a Supervisor, Counter Services to supervise and coordinate the activities of the Financial Service Representatives (Tellers) ensuring exceptional member service.
As part of the Acadian Credit Union Management Team, the Supervisor, Counter Services will provide input into the credit union’s strategic plan and be responsible for:
- Leading and coaching the Financial Service Representatives (Tellers), fostering an engaged and goal oriented team culture focused on growth and member relationships.
- Supervising work and setting schedules to ensure an optimal level of member service
- Balancing, reconciling and encoding all transactions and ATM machines, determining the cash needs of the branch, security of treasury and maintenance of assigned cash limits.
- Identifying member needs, promoting and cross selling credit union products and services, making referrals where appropriate
- Assisting team with complex transactions, resolving problems, and backing up the Financial Service Representatives when needed.
- Implementing and monitoring management controls and performing risk management practices
As the ideal candidate for this position, you have completed a one to two year business administration course plus have three to five years related experience and/or training in a full-service financial institution; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
You have a proven track record for motivating and leading others, a passion for customer service excellence, and an eye for accuracy. You are goal oriented, and can communicate with ease.
We care about our people and support them with opportunities for professional growth and a comprehensive benefits plan.
If this opportunity matches your skills and experience, please submit your resume and cover letter quoting the position title and highlighting what makes you the best candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 8, 2019.