Supervisor, Financial Services (18 month contract) – Acadian Credit Union
Career Opportunity – Supervisor, Financial Services (18 month contract)
Acadian Credit Union is a community based full-service financial institution with assets of $50 Million, serving approximately 2600 members in Cheticamp, NS. Our focus is always member first, and our relationship with our members is based on our commitment to empowering them to make the best decisions for their financial well being. As a co-operative financial institution, we take pride in offering an environment where teamwork and co-operation enable a member first approach and our co-operative principles drive all our decisions.
We are currently looking for a Supervisor, Financial Services to fill a full time 18 month contract.
As part of the Acadian Credit Union Management Team, the Supervisor, Financial Services will provide input into the credit union’s strategic plan and be responsible for:
- Leading and coaching the Lending and Deposit Team, fostering an engaged and goal oriented team culture focused on growth and member relationships
- Evaluating and authorizing applications for credit or loans, reviewing and assessing credit risk
- Ensuring the lending operation is conducted in accordance with established policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Identifying member needs, promoting and cross selling credit union products and services, making referrals where appropriate
- Providing input into the development or enhancement of policies and/or procedures
- Keeping abreast of new developments in the field of lending and changing government regulations, ensuring that the lending staff is kept informed
- Preparing monthly renewals of loans and mortgages
- Assisting with complex deals, resolving problems, and backing up the Lending and Deposit team in any of their duties when needed
As the ideal candidate for this position, you have successfully completed a diploma or degree in Business plus have a minimum of five years relevant experience in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Although this is a contract position, we care about all of our people and will support the incumbent with access to our benefits plan and with opportunities for professional development.
If this opportunity matches your skills and experience, please submit your resume and cover letter quoting the position title and highlighting what makes you the best candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 8, 2019.