Sydney Credit Union, Branch Manager
Sydney Credit Union is a progressive, full-service co-operative financial institution with more than 14,000 members and over $175 million in assets. We are committed to providing high quality financial solutions to enhance the economic well-being of our members and the community in which we serve.
Sydney Credit Union is actively seeking a dynamic financial professional to join our team as Branch Manager. As a key member of our management team, the Branch Manager will ensure superior member service as leader in the delivery of branch sales and service strategies.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Branch Manager will be responsible for:
- Delivery of consistent, high quality service in the branch to meet or exceed member expectations and service standards with a focus on creating a friendly sales culture
- Providing input into the development of the credit union’s strategic plan and annual business and budget plans
- Ensuring staff efforts are focused on achieving performance goals and are aligned with the credit union’s strategic objectives
- Coordinating and supervising the activities of direct reports including coaching, planning, assigning and directing work; conducting performance reviews; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Creating a positive work atmosphere and building team capacity
- Managing risk and ensuring policies and procedures are followed to minimize fraud and irrecoverable losses
- Approving loans and mortgages within the approval limits set for this position or recommending approval or decline of all loans over approved lending limits to the Manager of Lending, the Chief Executive Officer or his or her designate.
- Reflecting a favorable branch image by providing a pleasant and professional atmosphere for members and staff
- Ensuring branch compliance with audit and security standards, policies and procedures, and loss prevention measures
The Branch Manager will bring exceptional strengths in communication, leadership, coaching and mentoring. The successful candidate will have successfully completed a Bachelor degree with an emphasis in Business/Commerce plus have six to nine years of relevant experience preferably within the financial service sector, including 3-5 years of supervisory experience within a unionized environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience in credit union management.
The incumbent will have:
- Minimum of intermediate level skills with electronic banking platforms, along with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of employment laws, strategic management practices and accounting principles and practices
- Ability to maintain high levels of enthusiasm, teamwork, motivation and commitment to the achievement of goals
- Ability to coach others on effective relationship management techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain good relationships
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated business acumen, organizational skills and flexibility to adapt easily to change
- Exceptional task management skills adhering to timelines and deadlines
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to evaluate effective solutions
- Ability to multitask and self-manage
- Proven innovative and strategic thinking
- Recognized ability to lead change following through on change initiatives
Initiative, enthusiasm and a keen understanding of developing and nurturing staff and member relationships would be essential attributes of the successful candidate.
This is a full-time management position offering a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications must be received by March 21, 2016.
Interested candidates can apply online by submitting their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Sydney Credit Union wishes to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.