Tax Department Manager, Bayview Credit Union, Saint John
Bayview Credit Union is the largest Credit Union in New Brunswick with 8 branches in Saint John, Kennebecasis Valley, Hampton, Sussex and St. George. For more information on our services please visit our website at www.bayviewnb.com.
TAX DEPARTMENT MANAGER
Full time – year round
(Office location: 54 Loch Lomond Road, Saint John, NB)
The Tax Department at Bayview Credit Union provides year-round service to our members as well as non-members. Our tax preparers are well-trained to handle most individual returns including small business (unincorporated partnership, sole proprietor), rental properties, etc. The Tax Department Manager, who reports to the Chief Financial Officer, actively prepares tax returns, conducts post-assessment follow-up with CRA as well as management of the seasonal tax preparers.
Preferred qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant tax experience with at least 2 of those years in a tax supervisory/managerial position. (A combination of relevant experience and education may also be considered).
- Must be proficient in the use of tax preparation software – experience with CCH Tax prep is a definite asset.
- Experience training tax preparers and reviewing/evaluating their work.
- Proven ability to manage budgets and production goals.
- Highly professional problem solver who is extremely well organized and is able to deal with multiple projects, organizational complexity and work effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume, in confidence, no later than July 31, 2015, to the attention of:Ginny Hourihan, CHRP – Human Resources Manager Bayview Credit Union, Fax (506) 642-6077 or e-mail email@example.com